Grange hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

Wasn't Mr Hargreaves Headmaster at one time in the 1990's?
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      Wasn't Mr Hargreaves Headmaster at one time in the 1990's?
      In a way he was Richard, yes! He was Acting Head in 1992 (Series 15) and Standing In for the Head (Mrs McCkusky) in 1991 - Series 14.

Comment

Can anyone recall on Teletext when Grange Hill had it's own page's. It was decced out in GH Colours - Purple and yellow and had plenty of info on the then Series of the day. I think this was around circa the late 1990s-very early 2000s. If it was the late 90s as I sense it was , I used to marvel at those pages - in the pre-internet sensation day's!

Comment

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got the feeling it was a fill-in position.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Anytime Richard!! Who would of thought though Hargreaves would achieve a better position than Mr Bronson ever did? Though on the flip side Hargreaves was the one from the 3 new Teachers brought in in 1990 who stayed at Grange Hill the shortest time!

Comment

For all Grange hill fans, today is the day it all began (February 8th 1978). It would be celebrating it's 34th birthday today if it had been re-commisoned in 2008 by the BBC or better still someone else (another station) could of saved it. Still sad as I am, it is not celebrating it's "34th" - i've got loads of memories of the "old girl" as she is fondly known by many fans and I just live in hope one day she is returned to TV with a 32nd Series!

Here is to 31 Series (though the last one was beyond ludicrous and not the Grange Hill I knew and loved, but of course i've still got affection for) and 30 years of it on TV. It will always of be a part of my life and growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                For all Grange hill fans, today is the day it all began (February 8th 1978). It would be celebrating it's 34th birthday today if it had been re-commisoned in 2008 by the BBC or better still someone else (another station) could of saved it. Still sad as I am, it is not celebrating it's "34th" - i've got loads of memories of the "old girl" as she is fondly known by many fans and I just live in hope one day she is returned to TV with a 32nd Series!

Here is to 31 Series (though the last one was beyond ludicrous and not the Grange Hill I knew and loved, but of course i've still got affection for) and 30 years of it on TV. It will always of be a part of my life and growing up.
                Wow today is the mighty GRANGE HILL birthday.
                is itreally that long agoi it started.
                like you chav this show is very special to me.

and ok it changed over the yrs it moved from where it was originally based but yes i have tons of memories of this amazing show.
                to many to listin this thread
                it has been the starting point for many well known actors and actresses.

Even brian capron is in it.
                no i dont think there is one single show out there that means so much to me as this LEGENDARY SHOW does.

one memory is that ofmichael sheard aka mr bronson when he left and how much the kids thought of him.
                i remember watching the telly that very day and seeing it.
                Last edited by darren; 08-02-2012, 20:14.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Cor you must've got a great memory Darren - you'd only be nearly 2 when it started yeah? For sure Grange Hill has for me tons of amazing memories. It is just a travesty nobody picked up on the idea to take over from the BBC. I do love like waterloo Road quite a lot (not love) though which I do Grange Hill and this is the difference for me, but as much as I do like WR, I don't like the thoughts of good show's ending but if this Glasgow Move goes wrong as I feel it will, that will (hopefuly) give Grange Hill an opening back on to TV I would like to think may-be!

Comment

Cor you must've got a great memory Darren - you'd only be nearly 2 when it started yeah? For sure Grange Hill has for me tons of amazing memories. It is just a travesty nobody picked up on the idea to take over from the BBC. I do love like waterloo Road quite a lot (not love) though which I do Grange Hill and this is the difference for me, but as much as I do like WR, I don't like the thoughts of good show's ending but if this Glasgow Move goes wrong as I feel it will, that will (hopefuly) give Grange Hill an opening back on to TV I would like to think may-be!
                    yes i was 3 when it started.

a lot of the early series i never saw so i watched them on youtube over the last year.
                    first five series i watched.
                    why did GH stop i thought it was because of not enough viewers they could not think of storylines.

tell you what mate we should have got together and kept it going.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      yes i was 3 when it started.

a lot of the early series i never saw so i watched them on youtube over the last year.
                      first five series i watched.
                      why did GH stop i thought it was because of not enough viewers they could not think of storylines.

tell you what mate we should have got together and kept it going.
                      I am willing for any support to resurect Grange hill, Darren and with Waterloo road being un-certain with the changes when it moves to Glasgow, I feel that that could be a time when interest ion Grange Hill might possibly be resurected. Four years (2008) is not a long time since at all really since Grange Hill ended, I have tried to campaign best I can since and drum up support to resurect it, but as yet i've not had too much luck (though i've had fair luck here on the Forum), but if you want to try something with me why i'm a million zillion% up for it mate.

I mean i've tried Phil Redmond but he no longer works for Lime (formerly Mersey TV), so am lost on that one but i've also tried Justin Lee Collins' (aka The Grange Hill Reunionon C4 in 2005) Agent but to no luck yet, either. Though if Phil agreed i'd sure try to save Grange Hill by doing a Community thing to resurrect Grange Hill, like they do for Football Clubs, like I think Bournemouth once did (I think), though it'd be hard but if he was willing to sell the rights and I got a campaign onto TV once more I sure would mate. After all there has been some torrid show's being resurrected in recent times which are total rubbish in comparison to GH.

It is a long story why it finished Darren, but i'd be better doing another posting after this for that as it is not easy to go into without this turning into a mega mega thread, but if you wanna do something with me I will ...... no questions asked mate.

Comment

Grange hill moved from London to Liverpool in 2002 for SAeries 26 in 2003, Darren. Some of I think was to do with Phil Redmond wanting to take it back to the Tucker day's/era but also I am unsure but I think the day's of it being at Elstree (in-particular made in-house by the BBC) had not amny much time left - hence the Big Fire in 2002 (Series 25). I think it was a similar ealier idea about moving where Programes were made as like with certain sports Show's on the BBC now made in Salford) in way too.

Comment

I found this on-line recently, though it is dated 2000. It's a library site and it doesn't seem to quote a source. A bit of a sad story really. Not meaning to bring a downer on to this thread, but I thought it an interesting story.

Mark Eadie spoke out as jailed Rupert Massey planned an appeal against his conviction in December for 16 indecent assaults...In the late 70s, Mark was Andrew Stanton in Grange Hill...

Full story here:
                          http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Abuse+...ar.-a060297468

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            Wow today is the mighty GRANGE HILL birthday.
                            is itreally that long agoi it started.
                            like you chav this show is very special to me.

and ok it changed over the yrs it moved from where it was originally based but yes i have tons of memories of this amazing show.
                            to many to listin this thread
                            it has been the starting point for many well known actors and actresses.

Even brian capron is in it.
                            no i dont think there is one single show out there that means so much to me as this LEGENDARY SHOW does.

one memory is that ofmichael sheard aka mr bronson when he left and how much the kids thought of him.
                            i remember watching the telly that very day and seeing it.

You are so true here I think Darren, Grange Hill has a a legendary show and even until recent times it still was. It was only the un-mitigated mess of Series 31 taht tainted it in it's final hours. I don't think Phil tried enough though to save it by then .... he should still of said he'd do no deal with the BBC for Series 31, any other TV Station would of still taken it for a great price i'm sure!

When you think though - even the Liverpool Years can now be termed "vintage", I mean look at actors like Reece Noi (Taylor Mitchell) and the actor who playted Matthew "Mooey" Humphries and Alison - Sammy? who play's Chesney's girlfriend on Corrie and Baz Wainwright, he played another Duckworth on Corrie too and Jack McCmullen, all have had great great sucess' in the last decade.

Comment

• for any channel to have G H Is a honour.
                              been inmteresting to have seen how say itv would have done G H.
                              I think new channel would really breathe new life into it.
                              and im sure they would have got it for a real knockdown price.

all i can say if anyone asks me what the number one bbc show ill say GRANGE HILL.
                              I never actually realised so many of the G H cast had been or are in corrie.
                              GHreat to see so many of them have had success lately.

You are so true here I think Darren, Grange Hill has a a legendary show and even until recent times it still was. It was only the un-mitigated mess of Series 31 taht tainted it in it's final hours. I don't think Phil tried enough though to save it by then .... he should still of said he'd do no deal with the BBC for Series 31, any other TV Station would of still taken it for a great price i'm sure!

When you think though - even the Liverpool Years can now be termed "vintage", I mean look at actors like Reece Noi (Taylor Mitchell) and the actor who playted Matthew "Mooey" Humphries and Alison - Sammy? who play's Chesney's girlfriend on Corrie and Baz Wainwright, he played another Duckworth on Corrie too and Jack McCmullen, all have had great great sucess' in the last decade.
                              check these.

http://youtu.be/uuHKELC4GvY

Comment

I doubt I can think of many other BBC Programmes that are as good as Grange Hill, Darren. There have been many - Bread, EastEnders, Only Fools and Horses, Waterloo Road but Grange hill is the best one they have had, but then again it was a Children'ss programme but it was so good "back in the day" It deserves to be really termed an "Adult's Show" and should really be on Gold with all the other great TV Show's, but it being more of a Children's show - does that put in a leauge of it's own v all the other show's, I don'[t know!!

Someone should really rescue it and havew it back up and running - I think. Aftrer all, it's only not quite 4 year's since it ended - 4 years at the end of the year, so it's like 3 and half rather!

Comment

Working...
                                X