Grange hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

just say im asking for a friend about dble glazing even if its not the case.

or shout heya trisha shell get it.

a lot of people watched gh until they either started or finished school and never bothered again.

but i just kept watching.
    eighties where the best i felt the bronson yrs.
    but loved it all.

87 was i think series 10.

Originally posted by LivedOnMars View Post
    Haha Darren, I wonder how often people ask her about Grange Hill nowadays? Her and her husband have a double glazing business and I don't really have an excuse to go in there! I only watched it until I left school myself, so probably until about 1987 whatever series that was. I had a couple of the books as well, wish I had kept all that stuff now! Which series/times were your favourites?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i loved gh the newer ones wasnt as good carnt beat the ones with tucker jenkins and roland in i have series 1 and 2 but never contiued getting them theres loads of series and episodes love to watch them all again but not enough hours in the day / year lol
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I agree with you Mark that the first ones were the best. Something that struck me watching the first series again (for the first time since 1978) is how much culture and language has changed. Kids getting caned/slapped around the head, and phrases that would now be deemed racist so I can't give examples. There was one particular scene with dialogue between Trisha and Benny in the art gallery in episode 9 that I was kind of gobsmacked by. I am surprised that if the episodes have been cut and shortened that this kind of thing was left in. Interesting to see how much things have changed since then!

Comment

I watched it from about 1982 to 1992, when I had too much homework to watch much TV.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I love Grange Hill I really would to get the boxset of GH on dvd , i loved the years with mr bronson and the mr hicks fight

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

i think my self i might start on this series see how many there is and start buying each month be great to watch them all again

Comment

tons of series on youtube i saw the first few on there around say a year or 2 ago.
                i never saw them originally as i was too young.

it really went a bit downhill when they moved it to liverpool although i never stopped watching.

im not sure many series where released on dvd.

i think there are more on YT to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                  i loved gh the newer ones wasnt as good carnt beat the ones with tucker jenkins and roland in i have series 1 and 2 but never contiued getting them theres loads of series and episodes love to watch them all again but not enough hours in the day / year lol
                  Indeed - the early years where the best generation xmark. I am not as keen on the Tucker era, but one way or another Grange Hill gave TV an entire new way of how people watched it back in the late 1970s/early 1980s. T o think of the day's - only from the early 1980s we only had 3 Stations and Grange Hill helped shape TV like it did is amazing I think.

80sChav

Comment

i think my self i might start on this series see how many there is and start buying each month be great to watch them all again
                    Well, unfortunately mate only series 1, 2, 3 & 4 are available on DVD.
                    They didn't sell well, so the BBC decided to not put out the rest.
                    So at this point in time, the only legal way to watch the rest is on YouTube.

Comment

are they all on you tube mate ive never even looked
                      Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                      Well, unfortunately mate only series 1, 2, 3 & 4 are available on DVD.
                      They didn't sell well, so the BBC decided to not put out the rest.
                      So at this point in time, the only legal way to watch the rest is on YouTube.

Comment

there are tons of gh series on youtube

they may not have every single episode of each series but very near it.

i saw the first 7 or 8 series and they where all there going back over a year ago.

they must have near every episode mark.give it a go NO RUNNING BOYHEH

are they all on you tube mate ive never even looked

Comment

Originally posted by LivedOnMars View Post
                          Ah I had almost forgotten about Grange Hill, have just watched a few of the early ones on Youtube and remembered how much I liked it as a child. It started a couple of years before I went to secondary school and may have misled me about what to expect! My favourite character was Trisha - she was so confident and ballsy and I wished I could be more like that. I did end up having the same arguments as her with the teachers in high school about wearing jewellery, make up and refusing to stick to the proper uniform though. Ps I have to agree with some of the other posters about Todd Carty being overrated as an actor; I thought he was dreadful in Eastenders, and only slightly better in GH.
                          Hi LivedonMars
                          I agree with you regards Todd Carty being overated. I think possibly his best acting role par Grange Hill (which I found him average in) was as Gabriel Kent in The Bill, but as Mark Fowler - I never rated him at all sadly. Though I guess as a massive GH fan I can not say too much bad about Tucker as he paved the way for other "greats" like Ziggy, Pogo, Gonch, then people in the later years like Dennis Morris and Ray and Cracker Bacon etc.

Though without Tucker GH would probably have never "got going" as such. I can appreciate everyone has their own favourite characters in any TV Show - I think that Tucker was meant to be a hero of the programme in a sort of way with a lot of storylines centred round his character - which really helped I think and gave the era more appeal etc I felt/and truly got Grange Hill moving and becoming popular as a say a winning football/sports team would be!
                          Last edited by 80sChav; 19-01-2014, 17:36.

Comment

tucker was the star of the show during his time and might not have been so successful without him
                            might not have kept going.

after all the first series was very short eps wise as it was just an experiment i heard redmond had said.

i loved seeing tucker in it near the shows end,
                            Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                            Hi LivedonMars
                            I agree with you regards Todd Carty being overated. I think possibly his best acting role par Grange Hill (which I found him average in) was as Gabriel Kent in The Bill, but as Mark Fowler - I never rated him at all sadly. Though I guess as a massive GH fan I can not say too much bad about Tucker as he paved the way for other "greats" like Ziggy, Pogo, Gonch, then people in the later years like Dennis Morris and Ray and Cracker Bacon etc.

Though without Tucker GH would probably have never "got going" as such. I can appreciate everyone has their own favourite characters in any TV Show - I think that Tucker was meant to be a hero of the programme in a sort of way with a lot of storylines centred round his character - which really helped I think and gave the era more appeal etc I felt/and truly got Grange Hill moving and becoming popular as a say a winning football/sports team would be!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              tucker was the star of the show during his time and might not have been so successful without him
                              might not have kept going.

after all the first series was very short eps wise as it was just an experiment i heard redmond had said.

i loved seeing tucker in it near the shows end,
                              True Darren yeah - I guess it was planned as so

It is just a shame the movie that was talked about in 2007/2008-ish that showed what the old characters had been up to. Though for me Tucker as much as is the hero and the first amazing character - he is far far down the list after the lies of Ziggy, Robbie, Trevor, Gonch etc. I guess in a way it'd not be good if people exactly shared the same characters from any programe (be it Grange Hill or EastEnders early years, Brookside or whichever Series or Programme). This is what make certain programmes special in certain way's I feel/think.

Comment

I wonder if there might be the 90's episodes released on DVD!, even though ive seen them on YouTube!!, i loved GH, when i was younger!

Comment

Working...
                                X