Grange hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grange hill

remember the episode where a pupil fell off a higgh building and died.

that was the first actual pupil that died.
    cant remember any other pupil dying.
    it was in the 2nd or 3rd series.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

You're thinking of Anthony Karmanopolis

Danny kendall died in 1989 through an inherited condition.

There was also an explosion in the 2000's that killed a few apparently.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

And there was a total dickhead practical joker of a kid who drowned during swimming lessons, around 1986-ish. He was only in for a handful of episodes, and I wasn't sorry to see him go...

Comment

That was Jeremy Irvine in 1984, forgot about that one. Scroll half way down on link below

http://www.grangehill.contactbox.co....ry/believe.htm
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

thanks herr thats it mate.
            sad to see he died not long after his death in GH.

Comment

Some girl called Judy fell to her death around the late 90s and not long afterwards fell to her death in real life too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingbang View Post
                Some girl called Judy fell to her death around the late 90s and not long afterwards fell to her death in real life too.
                seems GH has a reputation for being a curse.

the judy your thinking of is not the one i was thinking of.

the judy im thinking of left after the first series i think.
                she went to a different school but still shows up at GH wearing the uniform of her current school.
                richard hillman is in GH in series 4.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  cant remember him mate..my fave teacher must be mr bronson.
                  will never forget how in his last episode he showed some emotion as he cried,as he was given presents.
                  think im right.
                  can others confirm this.

Yeah he was a good character indeed! Are you a fan of Grange Hill then Darren?

Comment

Oh Bronson!! Awful character when he first appeared. But he began to soften after Danny whatshisname killed himself. I remember some of the boys stole his wig and he had to come in the next day that was another colour which really embarassed him...lol. Think the kids stole it while he was swimming.

Gripper Stebson was and is still the legendary bully of G.H....always remember him....ROLAAAAND! My Mum used to say that and laugh but its funny how everyone also remembers the way that girl used to say Rollos name...

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                      Yeah he was a good character indeed! Are you a fan of Grange Hill then Darren?
                      i sure am mate.
                      i was so sad when it finished a few yrs back.

its a show that was a part of my life for over twenty yrs.

im sure many of us had grange hill as a big part of our lives.

been watching it from the start on youtube.

Comment

Indeed. I think it's a travesty of the highest order Grange Hill ended (was allowed to end). I mean I know people like Big Brother - though i'm not keen I think it's amazing and shows the standard in TV now that it can return so soon as it is doing and that people dont carea bout grange Hill like this (or seem to).

Talking about Grange Hill Darren, you say you like Bronson ... which do you think was the best then - Bronson V Ant Jones or Bronson V Danny?

I think the Bronson V Danny vendetta was slightly better because sadly you could argue V Ant, Ant was a victim of circumstances really,. which is what School was about then and thing's did happen as so. As well Ant was'nt a bad guy .... cheeky he was yeah, but he did'nt deserve to be hounded like he was by Bronson!!

As for Danny, yeah he was ill and he was a rouge but Bronson should of known better as a Teacher and comprehended his illness better as in essence for me he more or less killed Dannywith his evil vendetta or at the very least drove him to his death.

I never "bought into" in Series 12 that Bronson said along the lines after Danny died "if i'd known he was so ill, i'd of made allowances for him", that was load of cobblers ... Bronson knew full well he was ill but could'nt see the wood for the trees I think. After all he Danny had to go to Aberdeen for treatment and missed nearly a year of School, so how could the Deputy Head fail to know he WAS SO ill!!?!!!
                        been watching it from the start on youtube.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Yeah but I remember Danny Kendall was an annoying git - he did wind up Bronson proper.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            seems GH has a reputation for being a curse.

the judy your thinking of is not the one i was thinking of.

the judy im thinking of left after the first series i think.
                            she went to a different school but still shows up at GH wearing the uniform of her current school.
                            richard hillman is in GH in series 4.
                            You're thinking of Judy Preston, she had long blonde wavy hair and a slight lisp....tried to befriend Trisha who wasn't having any of it...ended up with square Penny Lewis

Comment

Mr Bronson - "YOU BOY!!!!!"
                              Fabulous. Funny how things stay with you...

Comment

Originally posted by ericthecavalier View Post
                                You're thinking of Judy Preston, she had long blonde wavy hair and a slight lisp....tried to befriend Trisha who wasn't having any of it...ended up with square Penny Lewis
                                yes judy if i remember was only in the first series.

i remember at the end of that series she ended up going to a different school.
                                although i think she made an odd appearance in later series wearing the uniform of her new school.

i think penny had red or ginger hair.
                                she was on the school council i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X