Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tv programmes that would not be shown today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

    Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
    They're still showing it. There's an episode listed for this morning.
    Indeed, it's been running for the past few weeks actually....still love it!
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

      Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
      They're still showing it. There's an episode listed for this morning.
      At least ITV realise that they do have a past after all.
      Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

        Forces TV is showing Bless This House, I've noticed they have a disclaimer before some programming to highlight some changes in attitudes.
        The Trickster On The Roof

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

          I doubt that even Bread would be allowed now - yeah they knew the system with the Doloe Office, but many people know such way's to cheat the Dole and could you imagine any mainstream Channel endorsing that !! No way i'd say (cos that is in essence what they'd be doing)

          The one prog I am so pleased as survived - abliet it's slightly watered-down (though not teribly) , but yer admitted I feared the worst for it and I dunno how it survied and even thrives on it's new Station - ITV, is Birds Of A Feather and as much as I loved it muchly with Chris and Darryl in it - these day's the story's of 2 midle aged going on early 60s Housewives who said goodbye to their "waste of a space of Husbands" years back with "Granny Dorian" always at the "Centre of the action" makes for good general (though occasional close to the knuckle) clean honest fun - superbly played by all 3 of them!!

          80sChav

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

            I would hazzard at adding Step-Toe and Son - yeah it was a bit rascist, but I think it'd be banned for other reasons - though they are not easy to describe exactly!!

            Th Step-toe's to me eqauted to one grotty old man and the Son equaly as grotty and up with As Time Goes By (that i used to hate) but appreciate more now ironicaly "as time goes by", as to lay claim to be the most depressing horrible comedy if you can call it that (in History), especialy that one where the Son goes away to Spain or where-ever and leaves the poor old Dad alone at Xmas - what an evil Xmas plot indeed!

            80sChav

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

              Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              I doubt that even Bread would be allowed now - yeah they knew the system with the Doloe Office, but many people know such way's to cheat the Dole and could you imagine any mainstream Channel endorsing that !! No way i'd say (cos that is in essence what they'd be doing)
              It was still very tame compared to the more recent Shameless.
              The Trickster On The Roof

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                Forces TV is showing Bless This House, I've noticed they have a disclaimer before some programming to highlight some changes in attitudes.
                I assume that was due to Sid James' character and his antics - the only disclaimer I can think of is warning viewers that the cast are probably wearing flares or something.
                Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                  What im wondering is when thell show tv shows on the major channels bbc 1 bbc 2 itv channel 4.
                  Such as the alf garnett comedies curry and chips etc.rising damp.

                  Altho they do on forces tv some of them anyway.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                    I don't think that it will ever happen - sitcoms like that are in the past.
                    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                    Comment


                    • Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                      Originally posted by darren View Post
                      What im wondering is when thell show tv shows on the major channels bbc 1 bbc 2 itv channel 4.
                      Such as the alf garnett comedies curry and chips etc.rising damp.

                      Altho they do on forces tv some of them anyway.
                      Rising damp shows up now and again....Alf garnett highly unlikely, curry and chips as i recall was Spike milligan as the stereotypical Indian...again unlikely
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                        Originally posted by tex View Post
                        Rising damp shows up now and again....Alf garnett highly unlikely, curry and chips as i recall was Spike milligan as the stereotypical Indian...again unlikely
                        Certainly Curry & Chips is available on DVD, so it's not fully hidden away.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

                        Comment


                        • Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                          Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          Certainly Curry & Chips is available on DVD, so it's not fully hidden away.
                          ....But the question was would it be shown on tv?
                          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                          Comment


                          • Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                            Originally posted by tex View Post
                            ....But the question was would it be shown on tv?
                            Yes, it would be shown on your own TV if you put the DVD on.
                            Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                            Comment


                            • Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                              Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              Certainly Curry & Chips is available on DVD, so it's not fully hidden away.
                              Seeing a clip of it on YouTube is bad enough.
                              Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                              Comment


                              • Re: Tv programmes that would not be shown today

                                Originally posted by tex View Post
                                Rising damp shows up now and again....Alf garnett highly unlikely, curry and chips as i recall was Spike milligan as the stereotypical Indian...again unlikely
                                I cannot believe how Rising Damp is repeatedly shown - I have always thought of the sitcom as being a satire on private renting, and the "couldn't care less as long as I get my rent at the end of the week" breed of private landlords. Even my own family talked me out of staying in such a property, and one can understand why.

                                Only When I Laugh is better because hospitals and doctors make a great subject for comedy shows - my favourite Carry On films were Again Doctor, Nurse and Matron.
                                Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X