Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
    Down here in Hampshire, we were on the cusp
    Boundaries between ITV regions have intrigued me. They could result in a situation where in a particular town one person watches ITV region A and their next door neighbour watches ITV region B.

I believe that all of Hampshire is officially in the South East region although the London region can be received clearly in Aldershot and Farnborough. Any ideas which are the official ITV regions for Camberley and Bracknell? Guildford is officially London region although South East region seems to be more popular in Hindhead. Horsham is South East region but Crawley is London region. Any ideas about East Grinstead?

Comment

Grampian Television
      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

HTV Wales. Despite living in South Wales, for some reason our old TV set had HTV West in better picture quality than HTV Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
          Grampian Television
          A mysterious one for me (along with the Border region); I imagine people tuning in from the Orkneys and Hebrides to some unique Scottish programs known now only in fading memories.
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
            Grampian Television
            That's an interesting one.

It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but what was it like to have Grampian? Did it show lots of local programmes that were not shown in any other ITV region? Did it often share programmes with STV? What was the local news like?

I am aware that Grampian produced some ITV schools programmes, but it ended up (unfairly?) gaining a reputation for being associated with sex education. I think Grampian produced some children's programmes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
              There was Westward TV probably Devon & Cornwall
              Has anybody experienced (the rather homely) Westward and its successor TSW? Their studio was located in Plymouth.

It served Devon, Cornwall, Scilly Isles, part of Somerset, western Dorset.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
                There was Tyne Tees
                Scottish TV
                Ulster
                London Weekend
                Midlands
                There was a series made in the mid 70s called Nobody's House, about a boy ghost living in a house.
                This was made by Tyne Tees. That's probably the first time I came across the network.

Comment

Ulster TV programmes were broadcast in other ITV regions only once in a blue moon. They produced a few episodes of Dramarama but the only other times you would see their logo was religious programmes like Highway apart from a very rare one-off programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post

That's an interesting one.

It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but what was it like to have Grampian? Did it show lots of local programmes that were not shown in any other ITV region? Did it often share programmes with STV? What was the local news like?

I am aware that Grampian produced some ITV schools programmes, but it ended up (unfairly?) gaining a reputation for being associated with sex education. I think Grampian produced some children's programmes as well.
                    Hi there, no, from what remember, there weren't many deviations from the ITV listings, usually Sat night Movies would differ, or the odd change in programs but nothing major, there used to be a Saturday Children's show called "Isla's Island" this ran 1973/74, with Isla St Clair being the Presenter, al lI remember about it was Isla being dressed up as a Pirate and I'm sure there was a seal puppet on a wooden box next to her, they would also show cartoons, I just remember Spiderman being shown... nobody else seems to remember it, at least Wikipedia mentions i on Isla's page LOL
                    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I was looking through listings in a late '70s Look-In and I see some parts got Mork & Mindy while more got Happy Days. I'd much rather have had the former, Happy Days got a bit stale for me, but Laverne & Shirley was the best of the bunch really.
                      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

ATV. Then it became Central, then Carlton.

Comment

Tyne Tees
                          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFsB4nYTQM
                            http://www.youtube.com/video/ywjfSVrCqnk

Comment

Thames & LWT

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yc9pBjTKo8
                                Last edited by Victoria O'Keefe; 19-07-2022, 13:47.
                                http://www.youtube.com/video/ywjfSVrCqnk

Comment

Working...
                                X