Help identifying a 90's 'Gameshow'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a 90's 'Gameshow'

I've been going back and downloading loads of episodes of my favourite Saturday Night TV shows from the 90's. Gladiators, You Bet! etc.. etc...

But I have a memory of a show that I can't find by searching and can't recall the name. The details:
    A gameshow of sorts, where contestants had to navigate an assault course in a vehicle and drive between white posts in the ground. If they hit the posts, they lost time. It included things like muddy courses and steep hills, where they had to reverse and turn around etc...

Almost 100% sure it was shown in the 90's but can't remember the channel, presenters or any other details?

Please help!

Thanks so much

What sort of vehicle I remember Kick Start and Junior Kick Start but that was motorbikes I think.
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo1984444 View Post
      I've been going back and downloading loads of episodes of my favourite Saturday Night TV shows from the 90's. Gladiators, You Bet! etc.. etc...

But I have a memory of a show that I can't find by searching and can't recall the name. The details:
      A gameshow of sorts, where contestants had to navigate an assault course in a vehicle and drive between white posts in the ground. If they hit the posts, they lost time. It included things like muddy courses and steep hills, where they had to reverse and turn around etc...

Almost 100% sure it was shown in the 90's but can't remember the channel, presenters or any other details?

Please help!

Thanks so much
      I have a very very Vague memory of what you are saying, was it based in the UK, SKY tv or regular tv? I think if it if it was a show, it was very short lived? maybe only shown once?
      Last edited by culnara; 17-06-2024, 13:28.
      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I never used to watch it myself, but maybe Run The Gauntlet might be what you're thinking of.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Run_the_Gauntlet
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLCc6OUlD-Y
        Last edited by NostalgiaGuy; 18-06-2024, 01:51.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, in regards to vehicle, I'm pretty sure they were cars/buggy's? But vague recollection! It was also definitely terrestrial TV in the UK. It could've been a short run, I'm not sure.

Run the Gauntlet is a very good shout and matches what I described, but isn't the show unfortunately.

The show was a more staid affair, ie it was all about timings and more of a 'driving test'/driving accuracy, kind of format?

Comment

Working...
          X