Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saddest TV moment ever

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
    My Nan was watching that show KouKou, she said she thought it was part of the act until the curtains closed/came down
    Whats KouKou?

I did find Mark Fowler leaving EastEnders really sad, when his Mum Pauline said 'but your my baby' and was crying (as he'd contracted full blown AIDS and wanted to die away from his family) was really sad. My Mum was watching it with me and we really were in tears.

Comment

My nan always said that you can tell how good a ilm is by the number of tissues you get through during it...
      I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
        My nan always said that you can tell how good a ilm is by the number of tissues you get through during it...
        Your Nan had a filthy mind. :P

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          your nan had a filthy mind.
          Lol
          Last edited by ClaudineJones; 22-03-2012, 10:40.

Comment

Yes I was going to say Tommy Cooper, I remember that night, horrible.

Comment

i felt when helen and madge left neighbours very sad indeed.
              i can remember both so well.
              they both died they did not judt leave.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I recall Helen's last scenes/episode on Neighbours well - it was really sad/the end of an era. It was similar with Jim Robinson too when he died in the programme. Both Alan and the actress who played Helen - Anne I think her name was were exellent in their Neighbours roles and the sadness was noted with the void their characters left too in many a way I think.

As a Grange Hill fan I also recall taht Judi Jefferies in 1999 (Series 21) falling to the ground, trying to escape a fire and the evil Sean and still recalling how sad it was even now. It was even more sad and still gives me a shiver that the greatly talented late Laura Sadler then fell to her death in real life 4 years later in 2003. I hope that it is ok to add this, it is just so too-close comfort for me with real life mirrowing TV and really gives me a shiver thinking about how both events were similar. I will never forget the day I heard this sad news that Laura had passed away upon hearing the news on a Radio in a shop or where I was.
                Last edited by 80sChav; 23-03-2012, 17:22.

Comment

hi chav helens real name was anee haddy.
                  her first first appearance was the 18th march 1985 and her last apppearance was 17th october 1997.
                  what laura sadler is dead.
                  Wow i never knew tat.

this is so very sad indeed.
                  one of my fave G H characters.

Comment

Laura Sadler was also in holby City, & it was written in that her character had won the lottery.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It has to be when Nana is dying in the Royle Family and everyone takes a turn of saying goodbye. Lizzy Smith totally awesome, should be Dame Liz, no doubt.

Comment

At the end of 'The Snowman' when he melts. It still puts a lump in my throat.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Lisa Jane View Post
                          Yes I was going to say Tommy Cooper, I remember that night, horrible.
                          The awkwardness in LesDennis who knew Cooper was probably dying right behind him was the worst part of it. I suppose cutting to a cartoon as they used to do back then would have been even more insensitive.
                          I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
                            The awkwardness in LesDennis who knew Cooper was probably dying right behind him was the worst part of it. I suppose cutting to a cartoon as they used to do back then would have been even more insensitive.
                            And then a few weeks later Eric Morecambe died after doing a one man show at the Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury. In the show he reminisced about his early days and at one point spoke of Tommy Cooper's death saying that he wouldn't want to die on stage. After clowning around with the band and doing six curtain calls, Eric collapsed backstage from a fatal heart attack and died in hospital several hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                              At the end of 'The Snowman' when he melts. It still puts a lump in my throat.
                              yes i agree and it stil gets me teary now.
                              i always say i wont shed a tear but i do

Comment

Originally posted by drexl_spivey View Post
                                It has to be when Nana is dying in the Royle Family and everyone takes a turn of saying goodbye. Lizzy Smith totally awesome, should be Dame Liz, no doubt.
                                It's the only episode of the Royle Family that I haven't seen,
                                My Mum told me that it would upset me too much, so i've avoided it (even though I absolutely love the series)
                                Maybe i'll watch it one day when i'm feeling brave.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                                Laura Sadler then fell to her death
                                I remember her from Grange Hill & subsequently Holby City, she was a very talented & likable actress who could have gone on to greatness, a sad loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X