Brainy Baker prog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainy Baker prog?

Think this was late seventies ( or maybe not)

Guy who works in a bread factory or large bakers and he spends all day making loaves.
    Spends a lot of time wise-cracking with workmates and talking about 'Tuppingware' -- so this was probably on BBC as not advertising Tupperware.
    Anyways he does a Mensa test and for some reason passes it with a high IQ rating ( think he cheated without realising )

Rest of the comedy series was about him trying to become a high-achiever and thinking he was smarter than all around him

Only one more thing I remember about it was that he ( and am not 100% sure about this ) used to be in Doctor in the House tv series as one of the regulars
    Any ideas what it was please ?

Re: Brainy Baker prog?

A workmate reckons this was actually aired in early eighties and called 'Climber' but I can't find any reference to it online

Comment

THE CLIMBER (1983)
      BBC

ROBIN "DOCTOR" NEDWELL did little in this tale of ambitious genius Harry Lumsden (no relation to Timothy, though it would've been good if he was) stuck working in an all-night bakery with various wacky subsidiary characters who had no surnames (Ted, Shirley, Reg). Suffice it to say, any scheme of Nedders's to "climb" said ladder saw him right back on roll duty by the end of the half hour.

Taken From TV Cream.
      Heather

Comment

Yay! thats the one Huggy..cheers... dunno how that one popped into my head cos don't think I watched it after the first two / three episodes.

Comment

Working...
        X