Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follyfoot

My very favourite childhood tv series.
    As a horse-mad little girl this was essential viewing and with the added bonus of Steve 'Yummy' Hodson it was unmissable!
    Are there any other fans out there?

Altogether now 'Down in the meadow where the wind blows free....'
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Follyfoot

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
    My very favourite childhood tv series.
    As a horse-mad little girl this was essential viewing and with the added bonus of Steve 'Yummy' Hodson it was unmissable!
    Are there any other fans out there?

Altogether now 'Down in the meadow where the wind blows free....'
    I was only thinking last night that I'd have a look to see if there was any Follyfoot on YouTube today Kaz . I don't know what was on the other channel when Follyfoot was on (possibly ScoobyDo) but whatever it was it was the cause of much fighting and hair pulling between me and my brother (only one tv!).

I was horse crazy too. Had horse wallpaper in my bedroom that was enough to give you a migraine but I loved it .

Comment

wayyyyy too girly I'm afraid for a lad in the early 70's

Horsey-wise only thing I'll admit to is that I loved the theme tune to 'White Horses'
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I remeber Follyfoot quite well, though I also remember my mum commenting adversely, "Why is that girl always so miserable?"

I think I saw the DVD of Follyfoot on Play.com not long ago, if anyone's interested.

It's the theme music more than the show that really sticks in my mind though. It was one of the first single vinyl records I ever bought.

Comment

My bedroom was a mass of horse pictures I cut out from mags, Claudine.

Your mum was right, Dora was always crying actually, Marine Boy!

sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

really likes this as well.

it had a super theme tune as well.

even though im not hirsey mad i still like t now even though its more a girls show.

cast and the episodes they where in.

Gillian Blake
            Dora(39 episodes, 1971 1973
            Steve Hodson
            Steve 39 episodes, 1971 1973
            Arthur English Arthur English
            Slugger 39 episodes, 1971 1973

Christian Rodska
            Ron Stryker 39 episodes, 1971 1973
            Desmond Llewellyn...
            The Colonel 37 episodes, 1971 1973

storyline.
            Young Dora is sent to stay with her uncle on his farm in rural Englandwhile her parents travel overseas for a year. Seeing as she has a lovefor horses, her uncle suggests she visit Follyfoot Farm, which is apart of his estate that looks after unwanted and unloved horses. It isonly here that Dora feels truly happy, but what will happen when herparents return
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I don't fully remember watching folly foot,but as a lad would of been more interested in the bannana splits or marine boy etc..But it was soooo long ago now.The theme tune however still echo's through my mind clearly enough for some reason.The tune really takes me back to when I was at primary school.I have a feeling one of our teachers had it on a record and played it a few times in class for some reason.

Comment

talking of follyfoot the cast very recently had a 40th reunion anniversary.

steve hodason went on to become a drama teacher.
                and i also read that a fan of the show had him as there tutor.

if i can get the link ill post it here.

the last thing gillian did was to platy louise in an episode of playhouse fron 1980.

Gave up acting to concentrate on family.
                Last known to be living in Dereham, Norfolk, with her husband and children.
                Last edited by darren; 23-04-2012, 11:40.

Comment

I was too young to remember the original run but can remember Channel 4 reshowing it in the late 1980s.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

here is the theme tune.

http://youtu.be/WVgyxhe849k

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    I don't fully remember watching folly foot,but as a lad would of been more interested in the bannana splits or marine boy etc..But it was soooo long ago now.The theme tune however still echo's through my mind clearly enough for some reason.The tune really takes me back to when I was at primary school.I have a feeling one of our teachers had it on a record and played it a few times in class for some reason.

Comment

Killer theme tune, ultra-cheesy but a guilty pleasure of mine

Comment

TV Cream used to have an odd muzak version of the Follyfoot theme, I might have it somewhere on my hard drive.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It wasn't a bad show but Dora cried in every episode and i didn't really fancy her.I do like horse shows,though.had 2 horses and a donkey myself.Oh,and my bro was an *** so that's 2 donkeys,i guess

Comment

The begining always made me laugh - with the jolly old care taker bloke from Are You Being Served and the younger one japing around...they used to repeat it on LWT on Saturdays in 1985, thats how I used to watch it...I was blessed.

Comment

Just had a listen to that theme tune.Wow I came over all shivery with tingles down my spine.

Comment

Working...
                              X