TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

The horror film Salvage (shown on BBC1 again last week) was filmed in what was once Brookside Close in 2009
    ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      Help !!!

I keep getting flashbacks of a TV series about 10 years ago - where a guy either builds or rebuilds a helicopter from scratch .... In his garage !! The guy had been on a few series before that , usually helping people out that had been conned or cheated by a company or similar ...

Anyone ??

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Anyone ??
        i'll have a stab at it
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Evans_(TV_presenter)

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...hopper+is+born

A Chopper is born
        Heather

Comment

Thats it !!!!!!!

Thank you so very much !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

does anyone remember salvage one ? i've asked numerous friends about this, but none of them do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mR-gz9EFO8

Comment

Yes i do, they wanted to build a rocket,go to the moon and bring all the junk back as salvage. These 55min American shows aired in kids tv slots around the regions, other titles include Voyage to the bottom of the sea amongst other Irwin Allen series and Project u.f.o. and a short lived series called Sierra, don't forget C.H.I.P.S. think this was on Saturdays iirc.
              When itv began showing family shows from 5.20 in the afternoons as opposed to kids progs a whole host of U.S. series came to be including Me and the chimp, Happy days and its various spin-offs, The smith family starring Henry fonda and one of my faves The Partners starring Don Addams of Get Smart fame, hope iv'e jogged a few memories with these titles.

Comment

ANYONE REMEMBER ELDORADO THINK IT WAS SET IN SPAIN.

https://youtu.be/e34gPtuJYJI

I REMEMBER WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED IT WAS GETTING AXED IT STARTED TO DO VERY WELL.

BUT THE DECISION TO AXE IT WENT AHEAD.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'd forgotten about Salvage 1! All I seem to remember from it was the name and the flags in the intro.

Yeah Eldorado, the show with dodgier sets than Crossroads BITD, I only seem to remember one character from it though, Marcus Tandy. He was an object of ridicule with my brother and I, slicked back hair and a yuppy wanker if I remember properly.

Comment

Darren, I remember ElDorado and all the hype surrounding it, and also how fast it sank. I think the only character I can recall is Fizz--hope I've got that right.

Comment

I loved ElDorado !!
                      I loved the setting plus there were some gorgeous women

Comment

I remember there was a good documentary about Eldorado a few years ago.

There was a lot of messing about between the original concept & it going in front of the camera.

Also a lot of the actors were newcomers without much experience of working on TV.

I did think launching it in the summer was a bad idea, when audiences are low because people are on holiday.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There was a kids' show in the 90s (I think) which was called The Quest (I think) - Canadian (I think). Can't find any info!

It was about a young boy who hurt his head (somehow) and was knocked unconscious. The story revolved around him running around a world in his head, in order to escape back to reality...
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

YES YOU ARE INDEED CORRECT YOU SMART BOY.
                            PLAYED BY KATHY PITKIN.

Although the show featured many professional actors, such as
                            Patricia Brake and Jesse Birdsall, many of the cast were inexperienced actors whose limitations were clearly exposed on such a new and ambitious project (German-born Kai Maurer had apparently never acted on stage or screen previously before being cast in the show). Prior to filming, some of the cast did not even know what a read-through was; the acting was derided as amateurish.while the attempt to appear more EUROPEAN' by having people speaking other languages without subS or bizarre/unconvincing accents was met by viewers with incomprehension and ridicule.

IT TOOK THE PLACE OF WOGAN ON MONDAY WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY.

RAN FROM JULY 6TH 92 TO JULY 9TH 93.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                            Darren, I remember ElDorado and all the hype surrounding it, and also how fast it sank. I think the only character I can recall is Fizz--hope I've got that right.

Comment

HERES ANOTHER ONE.
                              SLEDGEHAMMER FROM AROUND 1986.

https://youtu.be/cQl6r0fqRAI

SO FUNNY.

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
                                Yes i do, they wanted to build a rocket,go to the moon and bring all the junk back as salvage. These 55min American shows aired in kids tv slots around the regions, other titles include Voyage to the bottom of the sea amongst other Irwin Allen series and Project u.f.o. and a short lived series called Sierra...
                                I remember Sierra being shown during the long hot boring summer holidays...

Comment

Working...
                                X