X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deeks
    replied
    Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

"Breaking Point" (or "Break Point") - kids program about a kid struggling with the pressures of becoming a professional tennis player...

I remember it as being quite good - but then I also loved tennis...

Leave a comment:

• willpurry
    replied

I think a lot of people do remember it but there is not even a snatch of sitcom 'A Small Problem' online.

Leave a comment:

• culnara
    replied

Star maidens - get the whole 13 episodes offa youtube

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied

Star Maidens - an Anglo-German sci-fi series was great fun! Loads of eye-candy!

Leave a comment:

• whitewall66
    replied

Cartoon was called Speed Buggy

Leave a comment:

• Eggandchips
    replied

Glad it's not just me Londinius, IMDB has no record of CoD. The theme tune was "Lavender" I recall.

Star maidens, yes I think so. Sunday lunchtimes I think with props made by the local primary school. Wasn't one of the Geeson sisters in it?

Leave a comment:

• londinius
    replied

Good thread. How about this one - does anyone else remember a terrible (to my memory) Sci Fi serial called Star Maidens? It was in the mid 70s, and one of the stars was Gareth Thomas, a year or so before he became Blake of Blake's 7.

Leave a comment:

• londinius
    replied

I remember Children of Destiny. I don't remember all of them, but three have stuck in my memory. If it's the series I think it is, then Mary Queen of Scots was featured, as was the Tsarevitch Alexei (son of Nicholas II of Russia) and Napoleon Bonaparte's son, "The King of Rome"

Leave a comment:

• Eggandchips
    replied

Lots of memories rekindled here for me.
    Ace of Wands, did anyone else experience the weird effect at the closing credits? It was a strobe type effect that showed up as purple on a black and white tv. My mum couldn't see it, but my sister and I saw t independently.
    Magnus Magnusson did a couple of good series that were shown in the Summer hols, Children of Destiny was one(I think) the other was about strange supernatural legends eg The Fairy Flag (somewhere in Scotland) and a horrible story of a drummer boy stuffed into his own drum in the Middle Ages who then haunted the castle and its inhabitants banshee style ever after.

Leave a comment:

• culnara
    replied

I remember a programme on TV as a kid called "Isla's Island" - series (Grampian TV) 1973/74 It took me ages to track it down, no one else seems to remember it keeping in mind I would have been 3 or 4 years old when it was aired
    main character was singer/song writer Isla St Claire.... she was dressed as a Pirate on an island stage with a puppet seal as a side kick, used to play spider-man cartoon, would love to see some footage of Isla's Island again :S

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

well done mate bow u can prove your sister she was wrong.

yeah strange how things stay in your mind.

Originally posted by LivedOnMars View Post
    Edit to above post...I found it...finally. Issi Noho! Yay, have been trying to find out about it for years. How funny the things that stick in our minds

Leave a comment:

• LivedOnMars
    replied

Edit to above post...I found it...finally. Issi Noho! Yay, have been trying to find out about it for years. How funny the things that stick in our minds

Leave a comment:

• LivedOnMars
    replied

Glad I found this thread because this has been bugging me for a while, hope someone can help. My sister thinks I am making this up, but I remember a programme that was on at lunchtimes in the early to mid 70s for very young children (like the Pipkins, Rainbow etc) and there was a magic panda who lived in a treehouse in the garden. Does anyone else remember it?

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

bazzer i remember pardon my genie of those you listed.
    perhaps if i sa clips of the others id remember them.

anyone remember captain america and captain planet and the planeteers.
    captain planet was an environmental typ kids show.

captain america wore the american flag as his suit.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

I am unsure what the name was but can any other members recall a Drama set in a Scrap Yard that was on the BBC in about 1991? It was really good - I wish I knew it's name but I have no idea I could be even near to with it's name. I seem to recall the leading male character was called (or refered to) as Carmichael or a similar name - though sadly I can recall nothing else about it par it was really good. It would be great if any other members could recall/recollect this programme Thanks to any members that can remember anything about this programme (as when I think of things like this I often worry I have imagined things as so).
    Last edited by 80sChav; 26-08-2013, 18:22.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X