X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniMort
    replied
    Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

A game show a bit like Finders Keepers but with adults. The set was like the interior and exterior of a house. Can't remember it's name though

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Crackerjack is something that lots of people remember because it ran for years - I suppose that the Stu Francis era would be most memorable as it was close to when it ended in 1984.
    I only remember Leslie Crowther

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Crackerjack is something that lots of people remember because it ran for years - I suppose that the Stu Francis era would be most memorable as it was close to when it ended in 1984.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Mr Pastry
    Crackerjack
    Cannonball ( Truckers)
    Brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Hello Cheeky was mentioned in the Radio Times Guide to TV Comedy and I am certain that Lewisohn mentioned it as being on at 9.00 pm circa 1976.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Originally posted by whitewall66 View Post
    Hello Cheeky only lasted one series was on a Monday at seven as I recall I can only remember the theme tune.

I remember Hello Cheeky. It had a longer and more successful run on BBC radio from 1973 to 1979, and featured Barry Cryer, John Junkin and Tim Brooke-Taylor. Quite a bit of its humour would probably raise a few eyebrows now, but I tuned in whenever it was on. It was a quick-fire sketch show with Messers Cryer, Junkin and Brooke-Taylor playing various characters and sometimes themselves.

Leave a comment:

• whitewall66
    replied

Hello Cheeky only lasted one series was on a Monday at seven as I recall I can only remember the theme tune.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Sitting Pretty John Sullivan's sitcom about a woman who has to move back with her family after her husband died.

It was hyped up to be the next big thing but didn't really live up to this.

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied

Anyone else remember Dead Head?
    A very noir-ish four part thriller originally shown on BBC 2 in 1986, but has never been repeated.
    The end-music - a creepy vocoder version of Pussycat Pussycat, came back to me recently and I had to look it up on YouTube. It starts around 1:50 in this clip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubYQUmfu2kQ
    Last edited by Cartimand; 21-10-2018, 10:04.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Has anyone gottan any further/or further knowledge info on the "Scrapyard Programme" circa 1991 I have mentioned occasionaly which had a scruffy looking fella playing the lead role who for want of trying to find a better comparsion (as I cant sadly, sorry) in that he looked like Peggy Mitchell's very 1st hubby on EastEnders (or if not Hubby) it was some relation re when Peggy went with Frank and Pat to stop Ricky and Sam marrying in Gretna Green in 1991!!

Thankis in advance here guys for any help

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• angliaknight
    replied

1970 ish a low budget LWT production, probably their first, only ran for 1 series and shunted to a late night slot by some regions before its run ended, " THE ADVENTURES OF DON QUICK" starring Ian Hendry and Ronald Lacy, one episode i remember was a take on Don Quioxte tilting his lance while on his horse at a windmill fearing it was an enemy, this time our space travelling duo land on a planet where the inhabitants are scared of some windmills and want Quick to destroy them before leaving their planet, Don Quick tells them they are harmless, they wont hurt them , they are only windmills and nothing to fear,as the space ship is taking off ,the last scene has the terrified inhabitants screaming as the "windmills" advance towards them.

Leave a comment:

• Clare
    replied

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
    we got it made was basically a man about the house rip-off shown on BBC1 around 1983, except with two guys and a "ditzy" blonde.

Throb starred Diana Canova from Soap as a record label owner

Alice was based on the scorcese movie alice doesn't live here anymore, and was actually quite funny. it was shown on channel four circa 1984.
    Yes, if I remember rightly, it was on after "Countdown".

"Throb" also had Jane Leeves (later of "Frasier" fame).

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I thought that Gloria was something to do with Gloria Hunniford - you can tell that I don't remember it.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Anyone remember Gloria, which was normally shown in what was to become the Neighbours slot? At the time I had no idea it was a spin off from All In The Family.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Love, American Style
    This was an anthology comedy series from 1969 to 1974, and got its title from a popular film of the time Divorce, Italian Style. Each episode would contain several unrelated storiee, each having a title beginning 'Love and....'. The extremely popular series Happy Days got its start on Love, American Style when its unsold pilot was shown as one of the stories.
    I actually have a downloads of an album of music from this show

Leave a comment:

Working...
X