Catch Candy
    The Pogles
    Junior Showtime
    Lizzie Dripping
    Sir Prancelot
    Noggin The Nog
    Barbapapa
    Hope & Keane's Crazy Bus
    Bonnie (about a shopkeeper who was writing a book about her fantasy alter ego, Bonnie, who was a pirate!)
    Right Charlie ( Italian circus clown Charlie Corolli who used to go on about " the leetle a-budgies")

I bet some of you lot can remember them though!
    I remember a good few of them
    The Pogles were little animated characters who lived in a hole in a tree. The young boy of the family was called Pippin, and his best friend was a squirrel called Tog.
    Lizzie Dripping - was this about a girl who befriended an old witch, but had to keep it a secret from her friends (as you would...)? Ii think it starred Tina Heath, before she went on to become a Blue Peter presenter.
    I used to love Crazy Bus, but thankyou for reminding me who the presenters were; I'd forgotten!
    I certainly remember Barbapapa - a big, pink blob and his family, and Sir Prancelot, which was similar in style to Captain Pugwash - in fact I can still remember the theme tune; how sad is that?!!!
    I can't remember whether Noggin the Nog was actually animated or just stills? I do remember it though.

The one I really draw a blank on was from the same era as The Pogles. It was called Busy Lizzie, about a little girl who always wore a dress with a flower on it. The flower was a magic wishing flower, and she was allowed either three or four wishes. He first wish was always to make her little Eskimo doll, called Little Mo, come alive, and they had lots of adventures, when having wishes come true came in very handy. Then she would always forget how many wishes she's had, and make one too many, and Little Mo would always go back to being a doll again.
    Nobody I talk to can remember it, but whistl clearing my dad's house last year, I found a very old copy of a Pippin Summer Special comic, and lo and behold, inside, there were storeis about Busy Lizzie, The Pogles, Mary, Mungo & Midge!

Leave a comment:

• mazzer
    replied
    Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Noone I know can remember these!

Catch Candy
    The Pogles
    Junior Showtime
    Lizzie Dripping
    Sir Prancelot
    Noggin The Nog
    Barbapapa
    Hope & Keane's Crazy Bus
    Bonnie (about a shopkeeper who was writing a book about her fantasy alter ego, Bonnie, who was a pirate!)
    Right Charlie ( Italian circus clown Charlie Corolli who used to go on about " the leetle a-budgies")

I bet some of you lot can remember them though!
    Last edited by mazzer; 17-03-2013, 01:00.

Leave a comment:

• themilkman
    replied

Not so much a tv show but a documentary.

The first and only time I saw it was late at night on a regional tv channel about 1989, it's called 'The Moon And The Sledgehammer'.
    It was filmed during 1969/1970 in the forest in sussex about a family (a father, 2 sons and 2 daughters) who lived in seclusion, living a life that could only be described as 50 years behind the times.........absolutely fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by kasey11 View Post
    Does anyone remember a childrens programme from the 80's called Little Sir Nicholas? I think that's what it was called.
    If I remember it's about a boy that gets lost at sea and his parents find him in france years later and take him back....
    I remember that, there was another boy in it who was a distant relative, who had been adopted by the same family.

Leave a comment:

• Jay Mc
    replied

Originally posted by kasey11 View Post
    Does anyone remember a childrens programme from the 80's called Little Sir Nicholas? I think that's what it was called.
    If I remember it's about a boy that gets lost at sea and his parents find him in france years later and take him back....

Also, who remembers Tyke Tiler from The Book Tower?
    I remember reading the book The Turbulent Term of Tyke Tiler in school would have been about 1982 ish

Leave a comment:

• kasey11
    replied

Also, who remembers Tyke Tiler from The Book Tower?

Leave a comment:

• mrgreedy
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    One I was thinking about a few days ago was Taking Over The Asylum.

A quick search online shows a few other people had remembered it, & it was available on DVD.
    This was shown on TV about six months ago. It may have been ITV4 I think. I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the schedule. Great one-off series with Ken Stott and David Tennant. I like these old programs with a good mix of humour and pathos.

Leave a comment:

• themilkman
    replied

Thibaud Ou Les Croisades

It was on tv about 1970/71 and i can honestly say i've never met anyone of my age who remembers seeing this on tv

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

One I was thinking about a few days ago was Taking Over The Asylum.

A quick search online shows a few other people had remembered it, & it was available on DVD.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

One cartoon I recently was trying to remember was Philomena.

In spite of the intros & narration by Johnny Ball there wasn't a lot about online apart from TV Cream & some episodes on You Tube.

Leave a comment:

• victorbrunswick
    replied

Originally posted by branny View Post
    Bring em back alive. Friday night. Similar to Indiana Jones starring Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan from Tron, early 80s.
    I remember that show. The cast also included Ron O'Neal of "Super Fly" fame. I had forgotten just how incredibly cheesy it was. What cracks me up are the 1980s hairstyles in a show set in 1939 and the most laughable are the pathetic attempts at a British accent by the American cast. Here's one of the episodes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNg2J8Y_yE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTgylHYDLlc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwPCevJAeQo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIiwgqAMD9I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTO02IEJ4Uc

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

House party?

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?p=2795

Leave a comment:

• ScottyLush
    replied

I hope someone can help me. I've been trying to find out what afternoon series is in my memory, i only recall at the end there was a picture of a woman walking down a corridor in some offices. I also remember a woman was singing the theme tune. I only remember a few of the words that went "my head feels......and......isnt easy?". Why I recall this I dont know and as it was so long ago I could be mixed up. I can find nothing on the net that recalls my memory of this. It was an afternoon series for women I think. I thought it was called Woman at Work but cannot find this online neither so I must me mistaken. Thanks !!

Leave a comment:

• havasack
    replied

Here's some I don't think have been mentioned yet.........

Clare.... a BBC 'Jonny Jarvis' style evening drama, early to mid 80's about a girl being either adopted or fostered.

Striker.... early/mid 70's kids drama about a young footballer which lead to the tubby kids at school being nicknamed "Soggy". Kind of forerunner to Jossy's Giants.

Kizzy... based on the book "The diddakoi", eraly/mid 70's kids drama about a young gypsy girl.

The Changes.... sci fi adventure series from the 70's about a girls adventures in an England where all electronics and machines are evil. (can be now watched in entirety on youtube).

Also while I'm on, can anyone remember public information style films from the 70's focusing mainly on Castles where the camera work would often involve shots 'running' at the walls etc to mimick skirmishes etc but would always finish with a shot a family picnicing or strolling through a meadow ?
    Last edited by havasack; 09-09-2011, 11:26.

Leave a comment:

• stud1al
    replied

Never seen Beasts but it sounds interesting

I have seen Come back Lucy mentioned a few times
    I have a good copy if anybody's interested.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X