Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What old programmes would you like released on dvd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What old programmes would you like released on dvd?

Originally posted by mizunderstood View Post
    Scrooge and the ducklings (show name??)
    That show was called Duck Tales.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

There are a few 'thrillers' from the 80's I wouldn't mind seeing again I only vaguely remember the outline of the stores (and in on case I don't remember the title)

Spyship: A British trawler is Sunk close to NATO naval execises in the North Sea but who sank her and why?

Skorpion: I remember being enthralled by this series but I don't remember to much of the plot. Just the opening titles with a scorpion crawling over a gun.

Maybury: Patrick Stewart played a Psychriatric consultant in a general Hospital

There was another series which I don't remember the name of. All I remember is the plot which envolved and old RAF aircraft pulled out of the depth of a flooded gravel pit after thirty years which was supposed to be carring gold.

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
        That show was called Duck Tales.

yes!!! that's it!!!! those shows were all soo cute!! definaltey a HUGE part of my childhood memories!! My mom actually tapped a couple days of them, so i can still watch that tape with all the shows in order that they played on tv! aahh to be a kid again!!

Comment

I had a look on ebay and both Duck Tales and Garfield & Friends DVD's were readily available on there. But then I got sidetracked and suddenly found myself buying a Dogtanian box set lol. I hope my kids will enjoy it as much as I did when I was young......in any case I'm sure that I'll enjoy watching it again.

Comment

Dogtanian .
            Worth getting just for the theme tune!
            Heather

Comment

I had a look on ebay and both Duck Tales and Garfield & Friends DVD's were readily available on there. But then I got sidetracked and suddenly found myself buying a Dogtanian box set lol. I hope my kids will enjoy it as much as I did when I was young......in any case I'm sure that I'll enjoy watching it again.

sweet!!!
              gettting sidetracked... isn't that always how it goes!! haha. you go to the store for one thing and end up with fifty others, then get home and realize that you forgot that one thing!! haha.! .. maybe that's just me... LOL

Comment

I haven't been into this thread for ages and I just noticed that Martin Blank gave me a link to a site selling The Wonder Years on DVD. I'm late getting back on this but I just wanted to say thanks very much Martin mate!

Comment

Well, I've just finished watching the Dogtanian Series 1 boxset and I didn't get tired of the theme song! (Although towards the end I confess I did fast forward through the opening and closing credits to save time as they are very long!) I found that near the end of the series, the writers seemed to be running out of ideas and so I guess that's why the second series wasn't so popular. Therefore I will continue to enjoy watching this series every now and then but I won't be purchasing series 2.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing more episodes of The Goodies. So far there's been a couple of DVD sets of the BBC series with 8 episodes each, and another set containing the entire LWT series, but there's a lot more that's still unissued. A couple of episodes only survive as black & white copies, and one of those is of bad quality.

And that's one of the problems - many TV series from that era will never reappear as either they were never archived, or in the case of some live shows not recorded in the first place. Video tape was an expensive resource, and therefore a lot got reused after a programme was broadcast. When the contracts to air many shows were initially made, repeat showing wasn't written into the contracts; so there was no need to keep recordings after transmission unless there were plans to sell shows overseas. Some shows do only exist as overseas copies, but due to differences in TV transmission systems around the world they may only exist as film transfers or black & white video copies.

Comment

Another vote for Paradise Club - Don Henderson and Leslie Grantham made a good team.

Darkwing Duck is available in the States - only issue is the first two episodes introducing the characters are missing footage from the edited together version released on video called Darkly Dawns The Duck.

Would love to see Tales of the Golden Monkey and Bring 'Em Back Alive made available.

Comment

Pipkins, Mr Trimble, T R Sloane.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

more episodes of 'Michael Bentine's Potty Time'..I have all the 1st series on DVD (16 episodes IIRC)...but I soooooo want the later ones with the 'invisible soldiers' fighting their little battles....tiny footprints magically appearing in the snow etc etc

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Shoestring
                            Martian Chronicles - don't remember too much about it, but would love to see it
                            Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - don't want it, but I could laugh as people pick it up

Here's the big one - The Talking Parcel from Cosgrove Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                              more episodes of 'Michael Bentine's Potty Time'..I have all the 1st series on DVD (16 episodes IIRC)...but I soooooo want the later ones with the 'invisible soldiers' fighting their little battles....tiny footprints magically appearing in the snow etc etc

Ooh me too! How brilliant was that programme, especially when we were kids.
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
                                Shoestring
                                Martian Chronicles - don't remember too much about it, but would love to see it
                                Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - don't want it, but I could laugh as people pick it up

Here's the big one - The Talking Parcel from Cosgrove Hall.
                                I was watching Shoestring on tele earlier today. I think it was on UK Gold?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X