Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moomins

Hello to all, my first post.

Does anybody have a soft spot, like i do, for the moomins. i still have a crazy admiration for Moomin papa. (even though he is a hippo with a top hat)

Has anyone seen it on UK tv recently?

You can visit Moomin world in Finland, im tempted very tempted.

Re: Moomins

Welcome Shatkmerwood
    I watched the Moomins but found it rather odd to be honest
    Heather

Comment

moomin world really.lol
      here is a link just for you

Last edited by HG; 24-09-2010, 16:08. Reason: adding vid as daz beat me to it :)
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Ha ha great stuff, Darren. Yes Moomin world, my fellow scandanavians love them though bigger than disney.

Hard to understand Huggie 74 yep, but translating finnish is not the easiest job in the world. And thanks for the welcome

Comment

all the yrs i watched it never knew it was finnish.

this it here isn't it mate.
          right im on my over.
          www.muumimaailma.fi/ -
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm sure the first Moomins I ever saw wasn't a cartoon it was animated characters? Is my mind playing tricks?
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Awwwwww I used to love the Moomins! I watched the animated one but I do know there was one before that which was different

This???

Click image for larger version

Name:	moomin_valley_4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	259792

Comment

I remember the 1980s "fuzzy felt" animated puppets version, & the 1990s cel animated one embeded above.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes the simply animated felt-like characters. That's the version I grew up with. Absolutley loved them.

Comment

Just realised. I have the DVD. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moomins-Vol-...5355736&sr=1-6

Comment

We used to get read the books by my favourite teacher at primary school.It was years later before it came on TV.I loved it.Papyrus in Glasgow is selling some merchandise.

tulip

Comment

Since I was 15 I've had a Finnish penfriend - she lives in Tampere. I've never been there but Anne has visited me a few times. The Moomins are big in Finnish culture.
                        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I've heard their president is sometimes nicknamed Moomin-momma.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                            I'm sure the first Moomins I ever saw wasn't a cartoon it was animated characters? Is my mind playing tricks?
                            Yep, I remember that version. I think it started on ITV in about 1980-81 when teatime "Children's ITV" started and it had it's own special branding. It was about the time when Dr Snuggles started too.

Comment

The original Moomin fuzzy felt type animation was the best...Didn't like the Japanese cartoon animated version....I remember watching it too on CITV back in the 1980's, Moomin Papa and Mama were a grey colour whilst Moomin was white...I remember there were a race of 'banana shaped' monsters called 'Happy Fatners' I think and they gave off electric shocks, there was also Snorkmaiden, Little My, an invisible girl who the Moomins adopted they put a bell round her neck so they 'see her'...Then there was Papa's backstory, he ran away from an unhappy orphanage as a child, the great flood, they lived in a boat shaped house that floated (I think!) and there was some sort of Goblin King that wore a top hat that when Moomin hid under it, it turned him into an ugly troll lookng boy-but only temporarily....

Ahh, the Moomins!

Comment

Working...
                              X