No announcement yet.

Ghost Watch - trouser soiling viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi secret lemonade drinker. I remember being freaked out by ghost watch. Being a scardy cat, and in on my own all night, I daren't watch it properly, I kept changing the channel, and only watching bits of it. Every bit I watched had something happening, like the pipes banging. I couldn't sleep that night! The next day I watched it (as I had taped it) all the way through and could see it was just a wind up.
    But I remember laying in bed like this just waiting for pipes to get me! And I was 21!!!

Comment

If it's any consolation, I watched it over the weekend (in the dark, to add to the effect) and gave myself night horrors for the rest of the evening. The insane thing is that I don't even believe in ghosts, but Pipes has a way of getting to you...
      The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
      Marcel Proust

Comment

Eep and now you reminded me of Pipes behind the curtain in the girls room... I will not be able to get to sleep tonight!

Comment

Re: Ghos****ch - trouser soiling viewing

I didn't watch it because I was expecting a poor supernatural Badgerwatch. It was only when all the fuss kicked off the following week that I realised that I had missed out on something special.

Have not seen Most Haunted - probably never will, having seen the internet re-edit Most Farted.
          Last edited by Heather74; 27-04-2009, 22:29. Reason: swear filter kicked in where it shouldn't.

Comment

I was only trying to think what this was called the other day. I was watching it and to be honest I was cacking it. I was babysitting at my sisters house and had all the lights out, I was flicking through the channels and saw it and thought "ooh what's this?" and kept watching. Ended up too scared to move as the remote had fallen on the floor so sat right through it, was there a bit in it where someone was being "possessed" behind a sofa and came out covered in scratches? Anyway, I sat there mortified. When it finished, I really quickly got the remote and turned the telly OFF - OFF, not OVER like anyone else would do. So the room was plunged into complete darkness. Suddenly I heard a voice whispering "Tracey......Tracey" I screamed, woke the baby up, and the voice turned out to be a mate calling me from outside in the street...... I was 18 at the time!
            "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
            sigpic

Comment

Does anyone remember Danny Baker's chat show? The bit I remember is when he closed the show with a recording from an old TV show about a haunted house. They claimed to have heard something late at night, so they set the sound equipment up to record it, and it was too dark for the cameras, so for added effect they played it over a blank screen.

It was like something out of The Haunting. Only worse because they were claiming that it was real.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
                Does anyone remember Danny Baker's chat show? The bit I remember is when he closed the show with a recording from an old TV show about a haunted house. They claimed to have heard something late at night, so they set the sound equipment up to record it, and it was too dark for the cameras, so for added effect they played it over a blank screen.

It was like something out of The Haunting. Only worse because they were claiming that it was real.
                Erm, no.... I remember the chat show, but not the ghosty bit. Oooh that's willied me up a bit... By the way, what you said about a poor, supernatural Badgerwatch made me HOWL with laughter!! LOL!
                "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                sigpic

Comment

Re: Ghost Watch - trouser soiling viewing

I've got another one. Don't know if anyone's familiar with the 1922 film Nosferatu, but there's a moment where the vampire goes up some stairs, but all you see is the shadow, with the hand elongated like a set of talons.

Cut to bedtime, and learning for the first time that light plays tricks on you as you start seeing the light move on the wall.

Comment

I've got another one. Don't know if anyone's familiar with the 1922 film Nosferatu, but there's a moment where the vampire goes up some stairs, but all you see is the shadow, with the hand elongated like a set of talons.

Cut to bedtime, and learning for the first time that light plays tricks on you as you start seeing the light move on the wall.
                    I've got that film! And I did those hands on a works training course when I walked in front of the projector! Everyone laughed, except the trainer. He laughed even less twenty minutes later when I broke his pointing stick thing!
                    sigpic

Comment

I take it that it wasn't like Rex Harrison and Charlton Heston in The Agony and the Ecstasy!

The short lived Dilbert cartoon in the 90s taught me a lot about management - like the first episode where they are told the first thing to do is come up with a name. When asked if it was more appropriate to figure out what to make first, the response is 'how are you going to figure out what to make when you don't know its name?'
                      Actually, that's scary. I've worked for people that are that dumb.

Comment

I take it that it wasn't like Rex Harrison and Charlton Heston in The Agony and the Ecstasy!

The short lived Dilbert cartoon in the 90s taught me a lot about management - like the first episode where they are told the first thing to do is come up with a name. When asked if it was more appropriate to figure out what to make first, the response is 'how are you going to figure out what to make when you don't know its name?'
                        Actually, that's scary. I've worked for people that are that dumb.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	dilbert.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	258734

I haven't seen The Agony And The Ectasy.... what's that then?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                          [ATTACH]1395[/ATTACH]

I haven't seen The Agony And The Ectasy.... what's that then?

Teejay! Disgraceful!

It's the story of the painting of the Sistine Chapel. Heston plays Michaelangelo and Harrison plays the Pope. In one scene, Michaelangelo pesters the Pope as he prepares for war, exasperating him to the extent that he grabs his stick and breaks it across Michaelangelo's back.

Comment

Halloween special

Thread Merged at this point

Hi.
                            Does anyone remember a halloween tv special in the late 80's/ early 90's about a haunted house? It was a drama set to look like a live show I think. Sarah Green was a presenter??

Comment

Re: Halloween special

This is the infamous "Ghost watch", presented by Michael Parkinson, with Sarah Greene, her husband Mike Smith, and Craig Charles as themselves, showing a "live" investigation into a haunted house, where the little girls living there have christened the ghost "Pipes" (from the knocking heard in the water pipes in the house). Some viewers believe they may have caught glimpses of Pipes throughout the show.

The show gained a lot of controversy, as many were fooled into thinking it was a genuine live show and not a drama. There were questions inParliament, and a disturbed teenager committed suicide (according to the tabloids) because he had viewed the programme. For years the BBC refused to repeat or release the show on video, but it was released a few years ago on DVD by the BFI.

Comment

Re: Halloween special

I remember it was really freaky, & was a talking point at school for most of the next week.

The house was supposed to be on some supernatural hotspot were lots of strange things had occured over the centuries.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X