Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
    The Haunting is just fantastic. The bit when the door starts bulging and you find yourself wondering what's doing it...

Or when Eleanor tells Theo to stop squeezing her hand so tight. Only Theo is nowhere near her.
    filmed at Harlaxton Manor, just outside Grantham....popped by once...drove up the drive, creepy place (can't get past gate cos its part of a private college/Uni)...took the kids as well heh heh
    Harlaxton Manor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

• Re: Blue Peter

Who remembers when Leslie Judd went to train as an Air Hostess on Concorde in about 1976 with British Airways? Cant find that many clips of Blue Peter on you Tube, but had the Annuals?

Comment

Lesley Judd as an air hostess... sounds great to me

I wonder just how much of BP the BBC have got in their
        vaults ?
        and why in heck dont they digitize it and put it on the web
        or start running it on some of the freebox channels
        or sat channels.
        Love to see the Lesley Judd era again...
        and the Janet Ellis era too

Comment

From what I've heard the BBC have almost every one from about 1964 onwards, but not many from before then.

Editor Biddy Baxter insisted on them being recorded.

It's possible that some of the early colour ones might only exist in black & white.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I was just remembering how The Mysterons voice scared me on Captain Scarlet.

Another thing was The Yeti on Doctor Who. Terrifying!

Also The Invaders opening titles were a bit unnerving.
            Last edited by kazboot; 14-04-2010, 18:08.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I was a wuss. Had major issues with the Blue Peter ship when it used to zoom up to the screen at the end of the show's credits. Terrified of the muppet newsreader on the muppet show. Worst of all was the invisible man when he unwrapped the bandages on his head. I had a recurring nightmare for months about being chased by a man with no head in a big hat!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

the usual suspects for me i'm afraid,
                I was another who made an excuse to play behind the sofa when Dr who was on, cybermen didnt bother me but those daleks were well scary, some logans run episodes were quite scary in places.

Other things that creeped me out were the tommorow people, even the music still makes my flesh crawl, children of the stones was another one that had me on edge.
                once when i was 8, my rotten cousin babysat me and let me watch theatre of blood with vincent price, he had to stay outside my room till i fell asleep and ended up having to bribe me to keep my trap shut.

Comment

• Re: TV that scared you.

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post

The episode of Sapphire and Steel still freaks me out with the ghost of the WWI soldier whistling "pack up your troubles" at the train station, whenever I'm at a station at night and it's a little foggy I think of it!

Not quite TV but I remember listening to the "voices from beyond the grave" floppy plastic record that came with the first issue of "Unexplained" in a mate's room and none of us would sleep in that room that night.

Big wuss me.
                  Those two gave me nightmares as well! A worse S+S episode was the one with the people with no faces. that still gives me the creeps!!!

Comment

I loved Kenny Everett but he went down the plug hole on one show. That was me avoiding the bath for a couple of weeks.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

And how could I forget Fenella the witch from Chorlton and the Wheelies? All that popping up and down and shaking her head *shudder*
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885aUJnKb-Y.

I know where the Shamen got their inspiration!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdGeV3SJgfs
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

I didn't like the music that went with the end credits of Sesame Street!

Comment

Who remembers this unsettling opening theme from school? I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now...as someone on another forum said, its more like the start of a programme on nuclear armageddon than a children's programme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83er9jJjciY
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

The scariest one for me was the opening scene and music for Tales of the unexpected

Comment

• Re: most frightening as a child

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                              I was just thinking about that the other day and turned up the video on YouTube.

One that hasn't been mentioned here so far I think is a TV show called "The Changes". It had scenes with a strange noise that caused people to attack machines. There is a web page about it here.

Also I remember an education show which helped people to learn to read which was set in a space station. There was a human and an alien. Every now and then they would break to story about spacemen on planet Earth. They were dressed in silver suits and spoke with a strange noise. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                                Who remembers this unsettling opening theme from school? I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now...as someone on another forum said, its more like the start of a programme on nuclear armageddon than a children's programme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83er9jJjciY
                                i sure do remember this.

very spooky.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X