TV/Films That Scared You.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: most frightening as a child

The abominable Dr Phibes. The nurse who has her face eaten by locusts while she was asleep. Had real problems sleeping after that.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Salem's Lot - terrifying. Have the disc from the States and really should get around to seeing it again.

In the unnerving arena, there was an episode of Tales of the Unexpected where an inventor made a microphone that translated the sounds made by plants. At one point he hears pained squeals as a neighbour picks flowers; the episode ends just as he is about to listen to a tree as he is about to hit it with an axe.

Comment

I love salems lot (original, not the remake). The scariest part is when Jason hears the rocking chair upstairs. We've all had moments when we've heard something upstairs.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by magneticfly View Post
          dont know what this was from, some spooky music then a woman gets up from a rocking chair with no face in a black nuns outfit i think

Quiet as a Nun
          https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...tv-1978-a.html
          Heather

Comment

Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

Cybermen!!!Still can't watch them and the triffids.They terrified the life out of me.

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by soapy View Post
              By pizza slice, i assume you mean the implement used to cut it, rather than as i first thought, an actual slice of pizza. That would rank as probably the worst weapon in TV and Film history
              LOLOLOL!! HAAHAHAHAHAAAH!! Stopit.........
              "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                Not sure I've seen the original. Although I'm sure I've seen a few crappy re-makes.
                Reminds me of one of my all time best Horrors "The Haunting"
                The banging on the wall...
                The Haunting is just fantastic. The bit when the door starts bulging and you find yourself wondering what's doing it...

Or when Eleanor tells Theo to stop squeezing her hand so tight. Only Theo is nowhere near her.

Comment

Re: Blue Peter

was nt Maggie Philbin one of the best presenters Blue Peter never had ?

Comment

Re: Blue Peter

Originally posted by silverbirch View Post
                    was'nt Maggie Philbin one of the best presenters Blue Peter never had?
                    I hadn't thought of this before but you're right!

Comment

• Re: Blue Peter

Originally posted by pedro View Post
                      ...I come from the Purves Noakes and Singleton era...
                      Me too; though Purves, Noakes and Judd also represents the time I watched the show regularly. I liked Lesley Judd a lot. I loved her gentle approach, her voice and her smile.

Comment

John Noakes for me was the ultimate BP presenter and by far my favourite.
                        sigpic
                        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

only 'got into' Blue Peter in my early teens IIRC...John Noakes was about to finish, so my main memories are of the 'new crowd' , of which I seem to remember liking Sarah Green, Janet Ellis (I remember her pregnancy, and how the show incorporated it, such as when they did the ultrasound scan)
                          and my fav, Peter Duncan...I remember the Marine Commando course he did (going through that underwater tunnel..still freaks me out now)..also climbing to the crows nest on the tall ship....NO THANKYOU)

And the blond chap, I forget his name, the champ trampolinist ...died very young??

**EDIT had to look into that..Michael Sundin was the blond chap, died of AIDS-related disease, in 1989 aged just 28............20 YEARS AGO??? Jeez where is time going ??!?!?!!
                          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                            only 'got into' Blue Peter in my early teens IIRC...John Noakes was about to finish, so my main memories are of the 'new crowd' , of which I seem to remember liking Sarah Green, Janet Ellis (I remember her pregnancy, and how the show incorporated it, such as when they did the ultrasound scan)
                            and my fav, Peter Duncan...I remember the Marine Commando course he did (going through that underwater tunnel..still freaks me out now)..also climbing to the crows nest on the tall ship....NO THANKYOU)

And the blond chap, I forget his name, the champ trampolinist ...died very young??

**EDIT had to look into that..Michael Sundin was the blond chap, died of AIDS-related disease, in 1989 aged just 28............20 YEARS AGO??? Jeez where is time going ??!?!?!!
                            Oh, Janet Ellis! Yes, I thought she was great. A few years ago, she did a Blue Peter send-up for a TV programme but I can't remember the details.

Peter Duncan appears on several YouTube clips. He was an exremely good looking chap back then. As was Michael Sundin: very sad end to his story.

Comment

I watched BP from just before Sarah Greene left to not long after John Lesley started, so roughly 1982-94.

By that time I was too busy revising for exams to see it, & never got back into it afterwards.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

• Re: TV/Films That Scared You.

Them pesky triffids, week in week out, couldnt face orchids for years lol

Film wise, it was Flowers in the Attic, I watched it at about 2am on my own and it really spooked me
                                To have an idea is ideal, to have an ideal is idiocy

Comment

Working...
                                X