• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: which song gets you thinking about childhood

usually happens when i'm trying to sleep
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

No wonder I used to have the radio on last thing at night - better than a clock radio.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Ray Stevens The Streak lol
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

These songs instantly transport me back to the middle 80's!

Comment

Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me

Imagination is the beginning of creation.

Comment

Delving a bit further into my more "Teenage Youth", as a n honourable late fledging "Duranie" (Aka Duran Duran fans' names) I just so loved Ordinary World after they first brought it out in 1993 9such a sad song indeed but with amazing wording)

I never imagined at the time - that a Song could be re-covered so quicky as it was then turned into a Dance Song in 1999. Me and a "so called mate" in 1999/200 sqabbled for yonks on end - which was the better version and as much as I am a "Duranie", i always went for the Dance Version then and still do ... but what a mellow beutiful Song Akin to John Lennon and Imagine it truly is!!

80sChav

Comment

I mentioned up,up and away in an earlier post but another song that takes me right back to being about seven or eight years old was excerpts from a teenage opera, more commonly known as grocer Jack by Keith west...Oh and Simon smith and his amazing dancing bear by Alan price.

Comment

Morningtown Ride by the legends that are The Seekers is another - I don't know where i heard it as kid/what I was doing but upoon re-discovering it about a year/18 months back - I can say in all honesty I heard that at a very very young age and was probably the 1 I had heard even before Wham and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - which for years I believed was my/the first childhood song I had heard ever!!

80sChav

Comment

I am certain that we sang Morningtown Ride in assembly at school - it had a very "Handful of Songs" feel to it that would be used in Music lessons.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

As I have said before - I have so many Songs that I adore and they change from "day to day" as to which are my favourites and which bring memories back like here for this thread

3 more are No Matter What of Boyzone fame that Stephen Gately immortolised with his haunting lyrics in it - that as I said in the "Whistle Down The Wind" thread seems like yesterday that itt was new in 1998 or 1999 and is extremley memorable for me then being in my early early 20s

The others at the minute too, are Pulp and Disco 2000 and thinking what idiot would make a song about the Year 2000 in 1995 - but then I realiased Jarvis had inherited his amazing singing voice from his "so called Dad, Joe" ... even if they are not Father and Son - Jarvis will go down as a legend

Though I know/guess he does'nt meet everyones tastes, as I feel as he is a Yorkshireman like me - I don't feel he deserves to be slated - there are far far far worse singers out there and rightly or wrontgly he spent years tring to get to the point of Disco 2000 and his band Pulp - which deserves respect and credit I think in trying toi make a name/establish yourself as a Singer/Band, even if you are only remembered for 1 major major hit - they did it/managed that high point!

My 3rd Song is Design For Life by the Manic street preachers - I can't explain why I love that so much, but I guess I just love it as the Manics have just done some really creative wierd and wonderful stuff that is extremley catchy and belongs to that mid to late 90s Brit-Pop Era .... and again yes I know they are well liked, but again like Pulp they are a truely un-derated group that deserve to be given more reward for their talents and are a credit to Wales just like Tom Jones and Dame Shirley Bassey are as Singers I feel

80sChav
                      Last edited by 80sChav; 08-08-2019, 21:34.

Comment

We studied Beatles music, which was appropriate as i grew up in Liverpool.
                        The song Mmmm Bop by Hanson takes me right back to primary school :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                          We studied Beatles music, which was appropriate as i grew up in Liverpool.
                          The song Mmmm Bop by Hanson takes me right back to primary school :-)
                          I work with teenagers and 99% of them don’t know who they are of any of their songs !!

Incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            I work with teenagers and 99% of them don’t know who they are of any of their songs !!

Incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Thats shocking but not entirely surprising, teenagers today walk round with their heads up their asses.

Comment

One of the first pieces of music i learnt to play on the piano was Penny Lane, great tune it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                                Thats shocking but not entirely surprising, teenagers today walk round with their heads up their asses.
                                Not always, my brother's girlfriend's daughter are into 1980s heavy metal & britpop.

Luckily some recent jukebox musicals are a good gateway to some artists.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X