School - when it was warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School - when it was warm

Like Today and this week has been. I can recall many a time and many happy a memory of those day's, not specificaly from March, but April, May easily! Weather like we have been having this week in UK takes me back to being a kid and my childhood ... just like that. h

Happy day's of having no worries etc and just remembering them fondly, even weather like this when I was not at School and it was the School Holiday's etc. Can any other members recall times like this from yesteryear. I hope it's ok to post a thread on the subject, sorry in advance too if i'd misseed a thread that had been done.

80sChav

Re: School - when it was warm

I remember being allowed to play on the field when the weather was good, & PE would also be outside rather than in the gym.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

yeah warm weather meant we got to play on the grass
      Heather

Comment

yes i can remember very well some very hot weather in the rarly eighties.

sometimes it was so hot we did our lessons on the grass.

and the sweet smell of the grass was so nice.

manu times through my school daus we did P.E. outside because it was so hot.
        its far more fun outside in the air.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Classes outside and no ties needed.

Comment

We used to have our art lessons outside at secondary when nice.

Primary we always went outside when it was nice.

Comment

hi nutty i never had lessons outside after primary school.
              we where just stuck in very hot classrooms which made it hard to conxcentrate.

Comment

It was only the one school that done it, I moved secondary's and they didnt do it.

Comment

I remember story time out on the grass when it was warm, I rememeber we had a student teacher who would take us as far away from the school but within the grounds, bordering the golf course and under a big tree for her lesson whereas other teachers wanted to be outside but as close to the class as possible.

Comment

Cannot ever remember getting classes outside in either of my schools because of the nice weather.

Comment

that sounds great mate.
                      can u remember her name.

i wonder does this still happen when its very hot having lessons on the grass.
                      or was it one of things that stopped becayse its not P.C.

i remember it well cause one time i got cut by the grass and it really bled.
                      we sat outsid a lot in primary school as i remember some scorching hot summers.

Originally posted by havasack View Post
                      I remember story time out on the grass when it was warm, I rememeber we had a student teacher who would take us as far away from the school but within the grounds, bordering the golf course and under a big tree for her lesson whereas other teachers wanted to be outside but as close to the class as possible.
                      Last edited by darren; 02-04-2012, 01:18.

Comment

I'd forgotten about lessons outside. We had them occasionally in primary school although I can't remember what we did during them. Don't suppose they'd happen now - can't lug all the computers outside!
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

We too had a field in primary school that was only used on hot sunny days, I remember a wooden sign that used to indicated that "The field is open".
                          It always meant that it was a special day to us.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X