Blue Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Band

Anyone remember Blue Band margarine, awful white greasy concoction that didn't taste of anything. in our house it was either that or Adams best butter to spread on our Sunblest loaf, probably little else available at the time.

Re: Blue Band

Originally posted by sweep View Post
    Anyone remember Blue Band margarine, awful white greasy concoction that didn't taste of anything. in our house it was either that or Adams best butter to spread on our Sunblest loaf, probably little else available at the time.
    Awful stuff which was rather like Flora or axle grease I as like to call it

Comment

I remember seeing Blue Band in the shops, but my Mum normally bought Flora, or Stork if she was baking.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsn1NbzLNU Bit of trivia also....you can no longer buy ANY margarine in the UK anymore. It has to be called a spread now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
          Awful stuff which was rather like Flora or axle grease I as like to call it
          I believe its still available in some parts of southern Asia. don't know who makes the stuff but they don't give up easy.

Comment

Blue Band was a staple in our house. Sometimes we got Stork but used it as a general margarine rather than just for baking. There was usually a Lurpak on the go too.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

My Mum always used Stork or Echo but more often than not Summer County.
              Heather

Comment

Had Stork SB(vile), then Mum bought St Ivel Gold(disgusting) and then bought Flora(slimy and nasty). Vitalite was the better out of all the margarines we had but I liked Sher Gar Welsh Butter that you can't buy anymore. My Nan used Summer County for baking and it's still available in the local cash and carry. I detested margarine as a kid but Mother somehow always knew best and forever used to put it in my sarnies for school. The sarnies would usually end up in the bin and I'd blag some proper hot food from the dining hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
                  Had Stork SB(vile), then Mum bought St Ivel Gold(disgusting) and then bought Flora(slimy and nasty). Vitalite was the better out of all the margarines we had but I liked Sher Gar Welsh Butter that you can't buy anymore. My Nan used Summer County for baking and it's still available in the local cash and carry. I detested margarine as a kid but Mother somehow always knew best and forever used to put it in my sarnies for school. The sarnies would usually end up in the bin and I'd blag some proper hot food from the dining hall.
                  St Ivel Gold, bleh! That appeared a few times too. It had a really strong taste. Not nice.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
                    We also progressed to St Ivel's Gold but unlike you I used to really like it, odd thought we only had marg on sliced bread, on fresh bread it was always best butter.

Comment

I remember Blue Band came in 4 individually foil wrapped ¼ ounce packets in a box.
                      Caz.. <3 JD <3

Comment

Working...
                      X