Thread: RIP Warren Mitchell

Default RIP Warren Mitchell

Aka Alf Garnett, I used to love watching Alf making a fool out of himself on a Sunday night on In Sickness and Health
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

2. Default Re: RIP Warren Mitchell

R.i.p

Default Re: RIP Warren Mitchell

Very sad news indeed.

R i p warren aka alf
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

R.I.P. Warren. Now you're with your 'silly ole moo', who I know, deep down, you adored ... Loved Til Death Us Do Part and In Sickness And In Health. He shall be fondly remembered.

Times Square

Very sad to see Warren pass away, Alf Garnett was such an iconic character (good or bad), was such a shame that the BBC didn't bring him back out of retirement for the modern era would have been interesting to listen to his rants about the current generation.
    Last edited by spuggybridge; 06-12-2015 at 21:55. Reason: iconic icon doesn't sound right

There were a few shows in the late 1990s called Thoughts Of Chairman Alf, but not long after writer Johnny Speight died & it was thought no-one else could write as well for the character.
    The Trickster On The Roof

I too was sad to hear of the passing of Warren Mitchell. Alf Garnett died with the passing of Johnny Speight. Warren Mitchell made the decision that he no longer wanted to play the character of Alf. The Thoughts of Chairman Alf came about after the death of Johnny Speight. Warren Mitchell said in an interview later, he did not expect the audience to answer back. This added a lot of humour to the programme. Let's all remember that the character of Alf, was meant to be a disgusting article. Johnny Speight never meant it to become some sort of hero. The joke was on us all.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Saw a very obscure b movie on talking pictures sky 343 called "wheres poor mickey gone" with Warren, if they screen it again be sure to catch it.

Warren was a very talented actor indeed - there is no questions about it I think/believe

Easily Warren is with the John Cleese's and Sir David Jason's that the British Isles have given us as extremely talented actors indeed

Rip Warren Mitchell