Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liquorice

Default Re: Liquorice

Quote Originally Posted by Arran View Post
    There are sweets around that resemble liquorice sticks in a variety of colours and flavours but the red ones are strawberry flavoured. As they do not contain any liquorice then they can't really be called liquorice. I have never encountered any red liquorice that tastes of liquorice or aniseed or any hard to describe flavours.

It is possible that the mythical red liquorice came out of a Mr Bellamy's Amazing Liquorice Novelties box.
    The aniseed flavoured, red liquorice was definitely from Mr Bellamy’s assortment box. I used to buy only the red from the 10’clock shop but had to get in quick because it was so popular. As a great, my husband would say I was pregnant in order to get the staff to open new boxes just for the red canes. They said that Bassett’s was taken over by Cadbury who then stopped including this in the box. Apparently, you can get aniseed flavoured red liquorice in Spain.

Looking back, the sherbert reminds me of cocaine today

I bet if you took a sherbert dab through customs nowadays, they would be suspicious lol

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Looking back, the sherbert reminds me of cocaine today

I bet if you took a sherbert dab through customs nowadays, they would be suspicious lol
    At least they have those gadgets to test samples quickly, but you might get a warning.
    The Trickster On The Roof

You can still get some of these!

Liquorice Sticks - remember them? https://www.hswholesalesweets.co.uk/...quorice-sticks
    Black Jacks? https://www.hswholesalesweets.co.uk/...and-black-jack
    And what about Poor Bens? https://www.hswholesalesweets.co.uk/...lion-poor-bens

Seek and you shall find!

P.S. I only like the layered Liquorice Allsorts and the circular ones...

Have you ever been able to buy Australian Darrell Lee Soft Eating Licorice in the UK? Without sounding biased this is the best tasting licorice I have ever tasted and I have travelled extensively. DL Rocky Road is also one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Donald the Great; 25-08-2018 at 15:13.

I love the crunchy torpedo's....also still available!
    The sherbert dab wasn't liquorice it was a lollipop, the sherbert fountain however was liquorice.

Our Morrison's in St Ives sells soft liquorice not sure what brand though
    Always ready for chat.