Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

I dread to think how unemployment have shot up and will continue to rise we don't know what's going to happen shops business closing down ,how much damage this virus has caused.When you think about it before this kicked off we would go out for a meal meet up have a coffee with a friend go on holiday or short break until we have a vaccine and this virus goes away,I have no intention of doing what I used to enjoy,you may feel safe washing hands wearing a mask making space,its the ones that don't follow simple rules we have to avoid.

Good points about unemployment - when it comes to December, there are usually more jobs available, either in shops or places such as the Royal Mail sorting office, sorting cards and parcels. I have a feeling that even Father Christmas could be redundant this year because of social-distancing.

Watched the Press Briefing this afternoon again.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

One year I did a temporary job at my local sorting office when I was between jobs.

It was an effort due to the early starts and concrete floors, but I managed it.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Think a lot of hospitality jobs will go,as well as high street shops,online shopping was killing the high street before this virus .

Very true - I believe that hotels have had fewer bookings this year than in previous years. I booked a Premier Inn room earlier on this year, but had to cancel it because the events in the area I was visiting was cancelled due to coronavirus - I felt as if I was wasting their time when I emailed them in order to cancel it.

Must be quite a relaxing experience - 3.00 am in a sorting office and watching thousands of envelopes go round and round machines.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Saved a fortune this year, no holidays, no eating out, no pub, cinema, theatre, concerts
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Have anyone noticed the amount of masks being chucked saw one outside Morrisons door disgusting someone else has to pick those up.Is it to much bother to bin them after use I bought the ones you can reuse after washing them

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Saved a fortune this year, no holidays, no eating out, no pub, cinema, theatre, concerts
    Have a damn good holiday and a concert show when it's safe to do so

Same here, it balanced out my 80% Furlough pay.

One problem was getting a new mobile phone contract just before the lockdown as I never needed the extra data! If I had known what was going to happen I would have kept my old phone with a cheap sim only deal.
    The Trickster On The Roof

What you save in one department, you spend in another - I believe that I am spending more on online groceries because of not going out.