Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Liverpool made the evening news over here! People 'partying' before lockdown. Looking every bit as foolish as those Yanks at their political rallies, only with drunken grins as opposed to angry and carrying a sign.

My father has some sort of infection but not covid and it's a pain getting around and doing things like simply getting a prescription to a pharmacy and having it filled. I'm happy to do all I can rather than have him out and about, but it could be made easier if systems and people were more competent. I'm hoping to just get my yearly meds prescription renewed over the phone. My dad did have a virtual appointment but it took going to the office to physically get the prescription for an antibiotic because the fax to the pharmacy failed twice! So just that took up most of yesterday and most of today. Dad is 78 and born in occupied Holland in the war, I've had to spell the name Johannes out multiple times lately. I'm sure the pharmacist spelling out his east Asian name is something he's familiar with and all!
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Have you noticed that they are showing more adverts about washing hands stop the spread,wear a mask to protect yourself,make space keep your distance from others.I say keep on doing it remind the ones who don't believe the virus exists

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        Have you noticed that they are showing more adverts about washing hands stop the spread,wear a mask to protect yourself,make space keep your distance from others.I say keep on doing it remind the ones who don't believe the virus exists
        They are Public Information Films, not adverts, but they are scheduled in the same way that adverts are - BBC One shows them frequently.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          Is sorry its affecting ur health george i assume u mean mental health put possibly physical health.

Its affecting people to different degrees.
          I myself have not found it that tough but i certainly understand its different for for diff people.

From this friday we here are having all beauty and hairdressers close for 4 weeks.

Schools for 2 weeks.
          Basically all hospitality for 4 weeks.

I cant see covid been gone for maybe a year or more till medicine is found.

I really feel for u mate.
          Thanks, Darren. You know, losing my parents back in the late 1990s was something that I couldn't imagine happening to me, and at the time I felt that it would be like having a leg amputated if you know what I mean. Just like the current pandemic, I had to live a "new normal" and couldn't go back, and in many ways, it is just like facing a bereavement. Things are difficult at the moment, and we are all in the same boat.

It would be interesting how difficult Christmas will be this year compared to previous years.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I dread to think how unemployment have shot up and will continue to rise we don't know what's going to happen shops business closing down ,how much damage this virus has caused.When you think about it before this kicked off we would go out for a meal meet up have a coffee with a friend go on holiday or short break until we have a vaccine and this virus goes away,I have no intention of doing what I used to enjoy,you may feel safe washing hands wearing a mask making space,its the ones that don't follow simple rules we have to avoid.

Comment

Good points about unemployment - when it comes to December, there are usually more jobs available, either in shops or places such as the Royal Mail sorting office, sorting cards and parcels. I have a feeling that even Father Christmas could be redundant this year because of social-distancing.

Watched the Press Briefing this afternoon again.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

One year I did a temporary job at my local sorting office when I was between jobs.

It was an effort due to the early starts and concrete floors, but I managed it.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Think a lot of hospitality jobs will go,as well as high street shops,online shopping was killing the high street before this virus .

Comment

Very true - I believe that hotels have had fewer bookings this year than in previous years. I booked a Premier Inn room earlier on this year, but had to cancel it because the events in the area I was visiting was cancelled due to coronavirus - I felt as if I was wasting their time when I emailed them in order to cancel it.

Must be quite a relaxing experience - 3.00 am in a sorting office and watching thousands of envelopes go round and round machines.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Saved a fortune this year, no holidays, no eating out, no pub, cinema, theatre, concerts
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Have anyone noticed the amount of masks being chucked saw one outside Morrisons door disgusting someone else has to pick those up.Is it to much bother to bin them after use I bought the ones you can reuse after washing them

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          Saved a fortune this year, no holidays, no eating out, no pub, cinema, theatre, concerts
                          Have a damn good holiday and a concert show when it's safe to do so

Comment

Same here, it balanced out my 80% Furlough pay.

One problem was getting a new mobile phone contract just before the lockdown as I never needed the extra data! If I had known what was going to happen I would have kept my old phone with a cheap sim only deal.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

What you save in one department, you spend in another - I believe that I am spending more on online groceries because of not going out.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

More strickter rulings in Wales today be interesting to see what they come up with.I bet it will be back to 5 miles in lockdown areas going to work and shops no essential journeys

Comment

Working...
                                X