Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Panic buying has started in London stripping shelves doesn't
    Look to good cases rises each day,we indeed have a bumpy road in the next 6 months
    The seasons are against us.Keep safe stay away from crowds to avoid catching the virus

Comment

The truth is the the young people don’t care about is older ones .. .. it may hit home when they start losing their parents and grandparents but even then they will be in denial and blame everyone else apart from themselves ..

I feel sorry for the real old folk who fought or suffered during the war to give these very same youngsters a better life ..

They must feel so very , very disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

U look at asian countries they dont need to be forced to wear masks they just do it.
        Its a part of there way of life has been for a very long time.

people should do the right thing out of concern for o
        thers.

TOMORROW EXACTLY SIX MONTHS MARCH 23RD SINCE LOCKDOWN WAS ANNOUNCED WHAT JOHNSON SAID ABOUT ANOTHER 6 THAT MEANS A FULL YEAR OF RESTRICTIONS SOME EASED THEY RE INTRODUCED.

Originally posted by zincubus View Post
        we’ve just been in the local home bargain supermarket .. I’d estimate only 60% of customers ( no staff ) were wearing masks !!

We are close to lockdown in our town with an infection 4 times the national average and nearly as bad as the next town who have the worst rate in the uk ..

I asked the first assistant we saw about all the non mask wearers he said they will only conform if they get fined ... I asked another assistant ten minutes later who said ‘ it’s up to the police to make them comply” ...

What is wrong with this damn country !!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
        Last edited by darren; 22-09-2020, 20:58.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          The truth is the the young people don’t care about is older ones .. .. it may hit home when they start losing their parents and grandparents but even then they will be in denial and blame everyone else apart from themselves ..

I feel sorry for the real old folk who fought or suffered during the war to give these very same youngsters a better life ..

They must feel so very , very disappointed

I've seen plenty of older people with the same attitude.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I've seen plenty of older people with the same attitude.
            The latest stats show that the vast majority of the new cases are under 30 though ..

They are simply not being responsible

Comment

Under 30s don't care well if they don't listen to Boris new rules then the rest of us will have to suffer again for the next 6 months.Bring in tougher restrictions for the under 30s put a stop to this binge drinking culture

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                Under 30s don't care well if they don't listen to Boris new rules then the rest of us will have to suffer again for the next 6 months.Bring in tougher restrictions for the under 30s put a stop to this binge drinking culture
                Sadly I think it will take an armed forces intervention to make the younger generation tow the line for the sake of everyone else

Comment

I feel ( and surveys/ stats show ) that it’s the under 30’s who are ‘driving’ this new frightening new wave ..

A spike in young people getting COVID-19 will result in more older people being admitted to hospital with the virus, scientists have warned.

Dr Adam Kucharski, infectious disease epidemiologist at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said it could be just a few weeks until the UK sees an increase in older people being admitted to hospital after the spike in young people testing positive.

He told Sky News: "We've seen lots of changes in behaviours recently, more people are gathering now and in younger groups especially, more people are happy to gather."

Over the summer, cases have risen faster in younger groups than any other, with cases tripling in the 20-29 age group at the end of August compared to the first week of July - when it reached its lowest point.

England's deputy chief medical officer, Jonathan Van-Tam, has warned there has been a marked rise in cases in the 17-21 age group and urged people to "re-engage and realise that this is a continuing threat to us".

The latest Public Health England (PHE) data found the 20-29 age group now has the highest coronavirus infection rate, with 28 people infected per 100,000 people in England in the week ending 30 August.

Comment

Sadly I think it will take an armed forces intervention to make the younger generation tow the line for the sake of everyone else

Drank any Kool-Aid recently?

Comment

Selfishness has a lot to do with it - I know that elderly people think that young people "don't know they're born" when it comes to what they didn't have to put up with before they were born. We have gone full circle to this time six months ago and that more or less means back to square one.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        Selfishness has a lot to do with it - I know that elderly people think that young people "don't know they're born" when it comes to what they didn't have to put up with before they were born. We have gone full circle to this time six months ago and that more or less means back to square one.
                        I know its like as if the students don't care if they catch it and in the unis its spreading like wildfires.Lots of places in Wales going into lockdown thanks to the under 30s great.

Comment

I'm very lucky to be in Canada I think, and in a place with 0 to 1 new cases most days. We had a little blip around August there where people started dropping the masks and rules and then we've tightened up again. Friends in England seem to be in real despair. My parents are both in their late 70s and we are still being pretty fastidious about wiping surfaces touched at the back door area used the most. The border to the U.S. remains closed by land and sea but still they have people coming in via air, but told to quarantine for two weeks. It's the schools here opening up that will be driving the next wave, and I'm not sure what the rush for it is, but we are often having staggered attendances, not all kids at the same time, and some still done virtually. U.S. is bad, coming apart at the seams in many ways, I wonder when I'll ever be able to spend time down there again. The smoke from their wild fires caught us for a bout a week and it was fairly thick, they even suspended mail delivery for that week, but back to normal skies and breathable air again, whew!

Well, carry on all, because what else is there to do...
                          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't say that there is a country on the planet at the moment where one would be lucky to be in - the virus has no boundaries, and those people who travel from country to country, and even from one part of a country to another has the risk of passing the virus onto whoever they could get in contact with. It didn't originate in Great Britain, but just like a lot of other countries, Great Britain has felt the brunt of the virus over the past six months, and perhaps another six months up to around Easter next year at least.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Maybe lucky in the sense that people used to tell kids they were lucky to be born in Liverpool. I feel lucky not being in the U.S. next door to me as they have something like thirty or forty times the cases per population. The U.S. has the most cases pipping India and Brazil at the post, plus we've seen lots of news coverage of people there refusing to wear masks or distance for months now. A lot of them keep talking about herd immunity, like Sweden only I would say Sweden was not simply doing nothing, and I have heard they are doing more now. Herd immunity in the U.S. would mean throwing up to six million people under the bus as not savable. Canada has had moments of half measures foolishness, but nothing like where anyone would give up on ideas like contact tracing or limiting testing only to a small number.

We do allow people through from the U.S. who say they are driving straight to Alaska, but they have caught a few of them not doing as they said and some of them have had the virus and so we get alerts that if you were in such-and-such area at such-and-such time you need to self isolate for two weeks. Before that it was flights from China and even Iran, but we have notified as best as can be done everyone who may have had contact from those flights. It's the only way to keep the brakes on and targeting those people directly involved. keep the spread slow until there can be better treatments, and there have been a couple developed such a steroidal based one that increases lung power. If people can stay off going on a ventilator like Boris J. managed their odds increase. Our death rates are thankfully low so far, and outside big cities infection rates are pretty low as well.
                              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

More local lockdown what a strange year more doom and gloom to look forward to xmas is going to be fun best not to say Happy for yuletide and 2021 what is there to be happy about

Comment

Working...
                                X