Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 362

Thread: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

  1. #341
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,136

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    How was that Corbyns brother allowed to travel from London to Cardiff which is in lockdown to protest outside the Senedd in Cardiff Bay,virus is a hoax no masks no vaccinations.

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,645

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    I do feel that closing pubs, restaurants, cafes and other watering holes at this stage is a bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted once so many people have got in contact with the virus - one thing I don't like is being kept in the dark when it comes to things happening.

    I have recently ordered some books online about panic attacks and nervous breakdowns because this new normal seems to be affecting my health and wellbeing - these days I often jump out of my skin when I hear a pin drop, and I think that it is the new lifestyle of staying in to protect myself from anyone who may have the virus.

    If there is one present that I would like for Christmas this year, it is for the virus to disappear completely - perhaps that is something to wish for in 2021 or 2022?
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,136

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    That's my New Years Wish the virus gone completely.It must be horrible for you George on your own it has affected many peoples well being,I know someone on her own haven't seen her daughter for 7 months and not likely for xmas.Feeling depressed and lonely is the biggest problem.The Chinese have a lot to answer for crippling and infecting the world.It hit us all for six,what is there to look forward to same thing each day worrying about avoiding catching it take care George

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    5,385

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    That's my New Years Wish the virus gone completely.It must be horrible for you George on your own it has affected many peoples well being,I know someone on her own haven't seen her daughter for 7 months and not likely for xmas.Feeling depressed and lonely is the biggest problem.The Chinese have a lot to answer for crippling and infecting the world.It hit us all for six,what is there to look forward to same thing each day worrying about avoiding catching it take care George
    So nothing to do with lazy inept governments elsewhere?
    The Trickster On The Roof

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,645

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    That's my New Years Wish the virus gone completely.It must be horrible for you George on your own it has affected many peoples well being,I know someone on her own haven't seen her daughter for 7 months and not likely for xmas.Feeling depressed and lonely is the biggest problem.The Chinese have a lot to answer for crippling and infecting the world.It hit us all for six,what is there to look forward to same thing each day worrying about avoiding catching it take care George
    It's a fact of life - at least I can socially distance easier than most others.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    15,603

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Is sorry its affecting ur health george i assume u mean mental health put possibly physical health.

    Its affecting people to different degrees.
    I myself have not found it that tough but i certainly understand its different for for diff people.

    From this friday we here are having all beauty and hairdressers close for 4 weeks.

    Schools for 2 weeks.
    Basically all hospitality for 4 weeks.

    I cant see covid been gone for maybe a year or more till medicine is found.

    I really feel for u mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by george 1978 View Post
    i do feel that closing pubs, restaurants, cafes and other watering holes at this stage is a bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted once so many people have got in contact with the virus - one thing i don't like is being kept in the dark when it comes to things happening.

    I have recently ordered some books online about panic attacks and nervous breakdowns because this new normal seems to be affecting my health and wellbeing - these days i often jump out of my skin when i hear a pin drop, and i think that it is the new lifestyle of staying in to protect myself from anyone who may have the virus.

    If there is one present that i would like for christmas this year, it is for the virus to disappear completely - perhaps that is something to wish for in 2021 or 2022?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

  7. #347
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    200

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Liverpool made the evening news over here! People 'partying' before lockdown. Looking every bit as foolish as those Yanks at their political rallies, only with drunken grins as opposed to angry and carrying a sign.

    My father has some sort of infection but not covid and it's a pain getting around and doing things like simply getting a prescription to a pharmacy and having it filled. I'm happy to do all I can rather than have him out and about, but it could be made easier if systems and people were more competent. I'm hoping to just get my yearly meds prescription renewed over the phone. My dad did have a virtual appointment but it took going to the office to physically get the prescription for an antibiotic because the fax to the pharmacy failed twice! So just that took up most of yesterday and most of today. Dad is 78 and born in occupied Holland in the war, I've had to spell the name Johannes out multiple times lately. I'm sure the pharmacist spelling out his east Asian name is something he's familiar with and all!
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,136

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Have you noticed that they are showing more adverts about washing hands stop the spread,wear a mask to protect yourself,make space keep your distance from others.I say keep on doing it remind the ones who don't believe the virus exists

  9. #349
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,645

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Have you noticed that they are showing more adverts about washing hands stop the spread,wear a mask to protect yourself,make space keep your distance from others.I say keep on doing it remind the ones who don't believe the virus exists
    They are Public Information Films, not adverts, but they are scheduled in the same way that adverts are - BBC One shows them frequently.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,645

    Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    Is sorry its affecting ur health george i assume u mean mental health put possibly physical health.

    Its affecting people to different degrees.
    I myself have not found it that tough but i certainly understand its different for for diff people.

    From this friday we here are having all beauty and hairdressers close for 4 weeks.

    Schools for 2 weeks.
    Basically all hospitality for 4 weeks.

    I cant see covid been gone for maybe a year or more till medicine is found.

    I really feel for u mate.
    Thanks, Darren. You know, losing my parents back in the late 1990s was something that I couldn't imagine happening to me, and at the time I felt that it would be like having a leg amputated if you know what I mean. Just like the current pandemic, I had to live a "new normal" and couldn't go back, and in many ways, it is just like facing a bereavement. Things are difficult at the moment, and we are all in the same boat.

    It would be interesting how difficult Christmas will be this year compared to previous years.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on blue cistern blocks
    By Zincubus in forum Member's lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 09:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •