Back in time for the corner shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in time for the corner shop

Anyone been watching this? a fascinating look back at the role of the corner shop over the decades and the way that the service and the stuff we buy have changed, last week was the 70s and the introduction of self service and decimalisation. A really interesting look back at the way tastes have changed, who used to buy arctic roll topped with ice magic? or dream topping? who used to think Vesta chow mein was dead exotic?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Back in time for the corner shop

I've been watching this & enjoying it.

All the Back In Time shows have been good so far.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

No haven't seen it

Comment

So watched the 80s/90s era yesterday and how the introduction of sunday trading crippled the corner shop ,coupled with the abolition of fixed pricing and subsequent heavy discounting by the supermarkets the corner shop had to really step up. The national lottery certainly helped shopkeepers along with video rentals.
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I expect it will turn up over here like the other Back In Time series... I'll keep an eye out for it. Coronation Street has had one since the first episode in 1960 and it has certainly changed over the decades.
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
          X