Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School sports/PE/Games

1. Default School sports/PE/Games

Did you love it or hate it???
    It's that time of year again for our local schools. My son won a 3rd,2nd and 1st place today, they did the classic Egg and Spoon, a Dolly in a pram race, and going though the hoops, balancing bars etc.
    My Daughters is to be held on Thursday.

I remember being in a sack race and was in front, looked behind me, only to be passed by, by another kid, also did the three legged race and the wheel barrow one, where I was the barrow, and someone held my feet.
    Do you have any stories or nightmares to share

Default Re: School sports days...

I have quite nice memories of YOURS Hev, sitting in the sunshine on the grass at Brookhouse Green cheering you on.........

Oh you meant MINE ?? Hated sport, dodged it if I could, but can remember doing an egg 'n spoon and also hurdles and being petrified of catching the bar and going head first
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    www.doyouremember.co.uk <<< why not visit our main website

mine had theirs today also, not as good as mine were as a kid, i remember egg and spoon races and stuff like that, all they done today is run down a line skip down a line, and couple of ball avents on the playground, and not one stall for us adults, only another ten more years of sports days to go

4. Default Re: School sports days...

LOL not as you are counting hey Bumble, Ryan's Dad did the Fathers race, didn't win though

mine didint have that today either, its all abut the winning now not the taking part

You had to go and dredge up this didnt you? Oh gawd! I am almost shaking . Right.... one year I was asked to make up the house team and participate in the 200m. I am no runner! My events were more discus...held record for three years... shot putt...broke a teachers toe.... and high jump... no comment!
    Well as luck would have it... this was also my first time ever using starting blocks. I managed to get myself into that foetal crouch that blocks force the body into and then we were off. Only I wasnt so much as off as slipped..... I tried to go one way... the blasted blocks went backwards and I ended up flat on my face with one of the worst cases of gravel rash ever! And my eldest wonders why I hate sports day at school!
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

7. Default Re: School sports days...

Oh no, I hated sports day at high school, when the serious events like shot put and high jump came into play, give me the infant school egg and spoon anyday, and dont get me started on swimming relay races.

I broke the 2 middle fingers on my left hand when I was 10 when we were practicing in P.E. for the wheelbarrow race for Sport's Day. I was the barrow and a big hefty lad was pushing me, but he went too fast, I toppled over and he stood on my hand, breaking 2 fingers. In the end Sport's Day got cancelled that year so I was injured for no reason.

A few years later at secondary school I was put in for the 3000 meters, just to make up the numbers as I had no way of winning. I was obviously last and at least 1 full lap behind all the others as they finished, when a teacher dragged me off the track and told me off for messing about, not realising I was still plodding along with the race I so dismally lost.

Sport's Day sucked

I always hated sports day, although I was pretty good at the egg and spoon race!

I bet it's seriously different nowadays, no doubt there is Step-parents Race/Lesbian Life-partners Race/Caregiver's Race/and of course the Ethnic Minority Race LMAO

(No offence intended!!)

Found these in an old box of certificates,not sports day but it was some sort of award scheme.Anyone else remember these: