Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Weird Jelly - Can ANYONE remember this or who made it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Weird Jelly - Can ANYONE remember this or who made it?

This is driving me nuts! My nan used to buy me some really special luminous jelly that had names like 'Yippee Yellow' and 'Boogalooga/Bougalouga? Blue' Anyone know who made it and what the other colours were? it wasn't as transparent as jelly and I'm sure was banned due to the sheer colouring!v Can't find anything about it online.....

Re: Retro Weird Jelly - Can ANYONE remember this or who made it?

I have a vague memory of these but I don't know who made them or anything else about them. I remember them being cloudy and it's the blue one that sticks in my mind as it seemed like such a novelty then. They musn't have been around for very long.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

That's right, they were really nice but were cloudy and fluorescent coloured. The blue one was like Play Doh (they all were actually) Wish I could find who made them and why they stopped making them.

Comment

These were called Jolly Jellies.

My friend had some at a party once, the Bluegalmoo(?) was nicknamed Bogaloo. There was also a cherry flavour called something like Pinkadrink.

I think the top was almost clear, while the bottom was almost like blamange.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Oh so we are talking sweet jellies not table jelly?

I thought you meant jelly you made up with water ,not the individual ready made sweetie shop type

Haribo still make them dont they?

Edit (they do)

Also do you remember Slurps these were jelly in the shape of monsters
          Heather

Comment

The ones I'm thinking of were table jellies, made in the same way as a normal jelly with water.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Yes, sorry - I meant table jelly not sweets jellies. Cool pic of slurps though! I had forgotten about those!

Comment

Hooray - someone else who remembers Jolly Jelly!!

I went mad for the Boogaloo Blue one, firstly because blue is my favourite colour and blue foodstuffs were so rare then and secondly because it had the best flavour.

Can remember Yippee Yellow (a sickly banana flavour) and Pink-a-Dink (tasted like the pink kids medicine from the doctors!) but can't for the life of me remember the name of the green one.
                Last edited by Sapphire; 09-08-2012, 22:36.
                Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Comment

IIRC the lime one was called Enny Meeny Green.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                  X