No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    Members Only jackets even though I never had one.

I sort of recall it Victor yes - it looks well cool no doubts

All these looks just add to the "Variations oof the james Dean Styles" I think which simply can not be beaten as a look I find/think.

80sChav

Comment

We idolized James Dean in the club circuit. There was a strong rock and roll and rockabilly revival going on in the early 80's and many kids did try to copy some of the old 50's styles with a more modern take on it. Quite often today certain young men still seem to have a variation on that look. They think it's all new but try telling them the looks over 60 years old, they won't believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        Loads of t shirts as well most were just plain t shirts.
        Mainly joe
        bloggs ones loved them so many different colours and designs.
        Indeed I had forgot about these - though I liked Logo-ed ones too, but you don't find plain ones anymore, which at one time you'd find decent ones (not ones that fall a-part after a few washes)

Football Shirts where another fave I had too "back in the day" ... now you hardly see any these day's par the main sports Shops as you don't see Sportswear (par the norm in general) which i'd love seeking out in any Market/Cheaper shop etc

80sChav

Comment

When I was 6 my parents bought me a generic football kit in medium blue, which my brother was quick to spot looked a lot like Chelsea's strip.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
            Members Only jackets even though I never had one.

This sure was a class Jacket - though of course the guy in the photo was wearing it for a photo shoot or something similar possibly, so it'd look cool regardless as would any item of clothing in such a scenario that was popular in it's day!

Another favourite I had was WindRunners (and still arte them even now) in how they look great with a T-Shirt and Tracksuit Bottoms or Joggers like they did in the 1980s/1990s!! It is amazing how a look from a Star like James dean or John Travolta can be altered ever so slightly but still have longevity I think

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Bextor View Post
              I was born in 80, so I had the misfortune of a reversable 101 dalmations sweatshirt - along with about 8000 other people.

Also those magic shoes from Clarkes with a key in the bottom in a bubble. I went mad for them, and my mum wouldn't let me have them because they were slingbacks!
              I would love to have one of these again. I'd wear it now. They felt like really warm comfy jamas. They sometimes turn up on ebay but are usually expensive and that's not what I'm about. Usually if I wish hard enough things come along soon after in a charity shop so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
              I got some pink vintage Reebok hi tops today in the charity shop just after seeing Roxy on EastEnders some similar the other day and thinking WOW I really want some of those. My good friend will be rolling her eyes till she sees the converse I got her

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                Did anyone else go though a Phase of wearing waistcoats, I had some lovely ones, fitted, and silky at the back, I had loads of different colours and thought I looked well smart.I also had a few that looked like you were wearing a shirt under, but infact the sleeves and collar were just sewn in.
                Yes yes I did in the nineties then again a few years back. They were so smart. I till occasionally do with smart trousers.

Comment

I have a waistcoat for suitable occasions.

Comment

Grey trousers with coloured 'streaks' in the fabric.
                    Hi-Tec trainers. Still around but nowhere near as popular as in the 1980s.
                    Bermuda shorts with bold graphics on them.
                    Old school BMX outfits.

I find class photos from schools where kids don't wear uniform a perfect snapshot of fashions from the era. Videos of TV presenters are another.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                      Grey trousers with coloured 'streaks' in the fabric.
                      Hi-Tec trainers. Still around but nowhere near as popular as in the 1980s.
                      Bermuda shorts with bold graphics on them.
                      Old school BMX outfits.

I find class photos from schools where kids don't wear uniform a perfect snapshot of fashions from the era. Videos of TV presenters are another.
                      I'm not sure if I'm sure about Bermuda shorts Arran .. but I guess they do hold a "place in time",- though I still think Timmy Mallatt when I see these and/or Bemuda Shorts

I recall the Grey Trousers with the Coloured Streaks well - particulary Tracksuit Bottom (Jogger Style ones) that I hated first time around but like v much now

Who else can recall Football Club trainers with the Badges on them too? I think Reebook made some!

80sChav

Comment

I really liked having Bermuda shorts, at the same time swimming trunks when from skin tight to baggy.

I wanted some cycling shorts in the summer of 1989 but my Mum would let me have any because I waa getting "puppy fat".

Comment

Being an 80s Kid - most people wore or desired to have a Windrunner - even if the Colours never matched (which was often the case) they still looked amazingly trendy I think, without doubt. Still I think the up-darted version are a good match for the 1980s and have re-juvenated the idea! Did any of other members like/rate Windrunners back in the 1980s/1990s?

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                            Ha ha! I too had the reversible 101 dalmations jumper - of course you NEVER wore it on the reverse side.
                            other things...

Chino skirt
                            Pods
                            Pepe 'Betty' stone wash jeans with Pepe keyring
                            Fluorescent yellow blouse from Tammy Girl worn with fluorescent pink socks and fluoescent pink and white striped T-shirt
                            Levi 501 T-shirt
                            Ripped jeans with sewn on Bros patches
                            T-shirt with rubber Bros image on the front from the T shirt print shop
                            Ear muffs
                            Campri ski jacket
                            Ghost Busters track suit with big glow in the dark Ghost Busters logo from Presto
                            Putting plastic beads on my trainer laces
                            jellybean mac
                            kid's size kitten heel shoes from Mansfield's
                            Lumberjack shirt
                            I never knew about plastic beads on trainer laces. I think I might resurrect this trend starting today with mine and my little girls.

Comment

What too about the 'John Travolta" Look wearing a T-Shirt underneath your Shirt with No Buttons done up!? Particulary if it was with those heavy Padded Coat Typed Shirts, the idea looked well cool!!

80sChav

Comment

Being a kid of the 1990s I have never owned any Bermuda shorts, nor an old school BMX outfit or a shell suit. I don't think I have ever owned a pair of Hi-Tec trainers either.

One of my favourite items of clothing as a kid was a grey pair of trousers with coloured streaks. Trousers and not a tracksuit. They must have been at least 10 years old and various people at the time claimed that they were out of the ark but I wasn't one bit fussed.

Comment

Working...
                                X