Sweet wrappers over the years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet wrappers over the years

Many thanks sixtyten. Nothing like a good dose of nostalgia to perk me up on another cold, damp day here in Cumbria
    Regards,
    Matthew

Comment

More than welcome..
      Here's another variant

Comment

Rowntrees Novo (1988)
        Heather

Comment

Fry's Five Centres
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

Fry's Five Centres
            This is one chocolate bar that should be re launched. I loved them! Not seen them in years. Thats a great pic Huggie.
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              Only just noticed, now I see them side by side. There are two different types. The one sold now, and throughout the years always appears to be Raisins & Almonds.
              But a few of those wrappers say "mixed nuts" & show Cashews and Peanuts
              Never noticed that. Cashews don't come cheap so perhaps the mixed nut bar was deemed too expensive to produce. Mind you, it just shows how much notice I take of wrappers as I always thought fruit and nut had hazelnuts in it!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Rowntrees Cabana
                Heather

Comment

and again
                  Heather

Comment

Nestle Feast
                    Heather

Comment

Those Canbana wrappers certainly have the memories flooding back. Especially the blue one. I dont remember the Nestle Feast though. Would love to see a 'Splicer' wrapper again but as yet I cant find one.
                      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                        More than welcome..
                        Here's another variant

Excellent pic. I remember that design fondly. Everything from the royal seal to the font and the artwork looks so much classier than the plastic rubbish we have now.

Funny how times change, when I was a kid Cadbury were the chocolate makers and such things as their Fruit & Nut bar was, to my young eyes, a highly sophisticated looking product that was to be cherished like gold if I was ever given even the smallest of pieces by my parents. Nowadays however, with increased competition from companies trading on their cocoa content and provenance, Cadbury has been somewhat demoted to a second class brand. To my mind though, this status shift has not only not been resisted but also encouraged by the evolution of the product itself. Small things like the smart artwork, fonts and Royal Seal communicated a certain pride in the product together with a sense of Britishness and prestige that is totally lacking today.

Anyways, thanks again for the memories.

Matthew

Comment

Strange thing is though all these companies bragging about their high cocoa content such as Lindt...I dont like the chocolate. Its terrible. There is nothing better than the taste of cadburys and you really do know when its cadbury. Sad thing is now that cadbury is no longer British.
                          I find galaxy chocolate too sickly, Nestle chocolate to bland and almost gritty or smoky, Mars is too sugary,Lindt is vile, Kinder is too milky...Cadbury is just divine.

But you know what....I could really murder a Cabana right now

Comment

Trebor Superman
                            Heather

Comment

Trebor Phantom
                              Heather

Comment

Ooh! that's a new Phantom.. Raspberry & Pineapple?? weird combo, but probably fab

Comment

Working...
                                X