• Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet wrappers over the years

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...20_306x423.jpg

http://www.candywrapperarchive.com/w...2/Image539.jpg
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on this as I was only 5 or so when I bought these. They were a thin red stick of rock with a fruit flavour. Not quite as hard as seaside rock - you could make a dent in them with your teeth. They cost 3d in 1967. What I remember most is that if there was a red star printed on the inside of the wrapper, you could exchange if for a free bar. I lived in Beckton in London in those days and don;t remember seeing them anywhere else after that.

Mark

Comment

Hi, do you know were i can purchase theses .? Tooty Minties.? thats if you can

Comment

I remember a lot of these from the 80's! It's also reminded me of ones that I had forgotten, like the gorgeous Novo bars.

I also was reminded of a couple of things not posted... Like Terry's doing a chocolate selection box called Biarritz, that came in a blue, triangular box. I also remember eating a chocolate bar in the 80's thta featured Disney's Robin Hood. Great days!

Comment

Originally posted by InGen View Post
            I remember a lot of these from the 80's! It's also reminded me of ones that I had forgotten, like the gorgeous Novo bars.

I also was reminded of a couple of things not posted... Like Terry's doing a chocolate selection box called Biarritz, that came in a blue, triangular box. I also remember eating a chocolate bar in the 80's thta featured Disney's Robin Hood. Great days!
            I remember my family having at least one box of Biarritz, I remember asking to keep the box afterwards as it was an odd shape. The ads used the song Bermuda Triangle.

I've got the feeling the Robin Hood bars were made by Cadbury's.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Comment

1985, being only 11 at the time I wouldn't have thought online opening a bank account was around back then, just goes to show!
                Heather

Comment

that's mad I don't remember online banking back then remember the calculator lol
                  Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                  1985, 1985, being only 11 at the time I wouldn't have thought on line opening a bank account was around back then, just goes to show!
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Wasn't Online banking, On Line was the name of the young adults saving account
                    Internet access for most people didn't happen till mid 90's

The calculator still turns up regularly at bootsales

Comment

Thats what I thought, I was genuinely quite shocked at the thought of people registering online in 85!!

I didn't for one minute think it was online banking we have today, just maybe the opening of the account.
                      I can't read the small print on the 3ds, but I thought it was very odd.

What a Donut! I DID say "I wouldn't of thought it" though lol
                      Heather

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

What an unfortunate name. If you don't know a log is slang for a Richard the Third or a Douglas Hurd.

Comment

Last edited by darren; 13-05-2015, 17:18.

Comment

Last edited by darren; 14-05-2015, 16:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X