Long shot sweet ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long shot sweet ID

In primary school a friend was always given a sweet from her gran as we walked home. I think I was jealous as I never got one! The sweets I think were boiled sweets. They were clear, rectangular and relatively narrow in shape with a small criss cross cube pattern on top. I only remember her having orange ones and perhaps red.

They looked like they would be the type of non-descript sweet that comes out of big jars by the quarter, probably individually wrapped. Can anyone remember anything similar and perhaps a stab at the manufacturer?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Long shot sweet ID

Similar size and shape as you mention. Fruit Bonbons?( not to be confused with the powdered round ones) the ones I recall were made by Pascall
    Heather

Comment

Loved pascals fruit Bon bons. That were rectangular with rounded ends. I loved the strawberry ones and the blackcurrent too. Didn't like the chewy bit in the centre though. I spat that bit out!
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

There were all sorts of 'makes' of them, I just recall how narrow they were compared to other boiled sweets
        Heather

Comment

I only remember the pascal ones. Individually wrapped in white paper with pictures of the fruit on the front.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Yeah those were the ones we had bet they aren't what Tricky's after at all!
            Heather

Comment

They might have been a type of fruit bonbon but I'm not sure. Actually I'd forgotten about fruit bonbons. I am familiar with the ones in the fruit wrappers but I never knew they were called fruit bonbons! Am I right in thinking they were a bit soft in the middle? They were nice.

The sweets I am talking about were the same shape and size as bonbons but had square ends and from what I could see, were very clear and hard like a Fox's glacier fruit. I suspect they might have just been some generic boiled sweet made by a local company.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Ha yes bonbons were soft in the middle. Didn't spot it in SIT80's post!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                X