Sunny D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny D

Who remembers theses i loved these, Sales had halved by 2001, and the drink was redesigned and re-launched in 2003 as "SunnyD". In the UK SunnyD was again relaunched in March 2009 with a new formulation containing 70% fruit juice and no artificial ingredients or added sugar. However, amid declining sales, the product was further reformulated in April 2010 as a lower priced beverage containing only 15% juice.

my favorite was strawbery and kiwi

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Sunny D

I never remember drinking it, but the adverts were shown a lot in 1999, quickly followed by stories of people turning orange after drinking too much.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Never liked it, far to sweet and sickly my my liking.
      Heather

Comment

Never liked it, tasted like watered down orange juice.

Comment

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
          Never liked it, tasted like watered down orange juice.
          I can only go on my own experiences of the original Sunny Delight (none of the re-branded versions as I never tried them), but to me drinking it was like drinking undiluted orange cordial. It tasted really strong and sweet to me!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I never remember drinking it, but the adverts were shown a lot in 1999, quickly followed by stories of people turning orange after drinking too much.
            im sure there waas a huge healrth scare regaerding sunny D.

I thought the yellow one which i think was the first sunny D drink was gorgeous if not a bit of a powderey taste.
            i just loved the really sweet taste.

i did try the re branded versions buy they where just not as nice asd the original.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I have never tried the stuff, despite having worked on the same trading estate as one of their factories. They did manage to turn one of the local streams a very strange colour when they had a spillage a while back, i think it made the news?

Comment

Did it really turn people orange from drinking too much? Or was that an urban myth? I didn't like the drink. It tasted too sweet/tart if you get what I mean. The description Tricky gave is apt. I much prefer a dilute to taste Sainsburys style 'high juice' (why its called 'high' is beyond me) or fresh orange with 'bits' in it from M and S.

Comment

I remember when Sunny D hit the shelves.............it was yuck!!...........not a patch on real orange juice or even orange concentrate.........you knew with SD it had loads of sugar in it and probably quite a few additives with letters attached to them.

Comment

i quite liked it.
                    but yes there was tons of sugar in it. from what i hear.[
                    not exactly was it.

well i drank loads of it i never turned orange.
                    bit of a myth i think.

if its orange there should have been no sugar.
                    they could have used something to substitute sugar.

OTE=shilton dipper;164431]I remember when Sunny D hit the shelves.............it was yuck!!...........not a patch on real orange juice or even orange concentrate.........you knew with SD it had loads of sugar in it and probably quite a few additives with letters attached to them.[/QUOTE]
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                    X