Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vampire bubble gum cards

Originally posted by CoteDazur View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Yes it was Shocking Laffs. Just looking at those pics take me right back. I can even smell the bubblegum!
    and it's cardboard-like consistency, no doubt!

I had a friend who 'wallpapered' his bedroom walls and door in Superman the Movie bubblegum cards

Comment

Re: anyone remember these bubble gums

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      Dont know if its the same ones DA, but I remember getting mine out of those Bubble gum machines, the ones where you twist the handle to make the coin drop and the little plastic ball containing your "prize" drops. You'd get a round ball of gum and your little mini book inside We had a row of about three of four outside our Post office, others usually contained plastic rings or plastic watches!

A little like these
      Didn't think I would recognise them, but that tattoo book I know - never used them because I didn't want to ruin the book back then.

Comment

Yes I remember those, they tasted like disinfectant and came with two smiley face tattoo's. I loved them!

I'm quite sure they were called Dubble Bubble and instead of it saying 'Americas Original' it said 'Fleer' before they were bought by marvel.

I've looked everywhere on the net but have only found different versions of them, and have not seen one single picture of the tattoo's (which says to me that they probably don't come with them anymore).
        My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Originally posted by rachxxuk View Post
          i am 35,so guess it must have been around 1983/84 and remember going to the shop and buying germalene bubble gum,

it was pink or it could have been white , tasted and smelt like the anticeptic cream,think it came with a tattoo.not too sure the old grey cell is deteriorating quickly
          I remember that chewing gum, tasted like the stuff you rub on ya legs before football, wintergreen or something like that.

Comment

Hi, I'm a newby to this site, so be gentle ! I'm sat looking at 8 ChuPops, which came in minature record album sleeves. The Billy Joel one I have is the "Glass Houses" LP on the front, whilst on the back is the lyrics to "You may be right" from the album.
            I bought a few of them, but they stopped selling them, probably for copyright reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by g6gnl View Post
              Hi, I'm a newby to this site, so be gentle ! I'm sat looking at 8 ChuPops, which came in minature record album sleeves. The Billy Joel one I have is the "Glass Houses" LP on the front, whilst on the back is the lyrics to "You may be right" from the album.
              I bought a few of them, but they stopped selling them, probably for copyright reasons.
              Wow we have one photo on the thread somewhere but we would welcome more!
              Heather

Comment

oh ive been looking for them for years! I had them as a kid, then i found them again around 97 under a different name (which i have forgetten!) and they have vanished again!!!!
                I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Re: Vampire bubble gum cards

I commented on these on Cobwebbed Room. I used to buy a pack or two on the way to school (while chewing the very brittle gum supplied) and then trade the ones I already had when I got there with other kids who'd done likewise. Great days.
                  Also those Star Wars ones too, first the blue ones, then the red ones. I think they came before the horror cards. Although I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.

Comment

Very old Skool

Comment

Does anyone know where to or if it is possible to buy these little books....I have been searching for ages....but with no luck...please help??
                      Cass x

Comment

I haven't read all the pages in this thread , so apologies if it's already been mentione, but does anyone remember Bazooka Joe bubble gum?

Comment

Comment

I remember the Anglo Bubbly,I think it was pink with a slightly powdery taste to it.
                            Frame.
                            "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
                              I remember the Anglo Bubbly,I think it was pink with a slightly powdery taste to it.
                              Frame.
                              Found this online

Anglo Bubbly Bubble Gum from thatsweet.co.uk
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that memoman,I wont be making a purchase as I lost half my teeth to a 9" angle grinder a few years ago.
                                Frame.
                                "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Working...
                                X