anyone remember these bubble gums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Movie Cards

***Moderators Edit :Thread merged at this point, as there are pictures of these cards on this thread.***

Who remembers those black & white picture cards you used to get in the late 70s sending up old Hollywood Horror films? You'd get a pack of half a dozen cards, think they were called "Creature Feature" and you'd get a strip of bubble gum too. The cards usually depicted a still from Frankenstien, for example, and there would be a witty caption to go along with it.

Comment

• Re: anyone remember these bubble gums

Comment

• Re: Horror Movie Cards

Spooky Chews Gum
        Heather

Comment

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Does anyone remember some chewing gum tablets from the '70s called either M1s, or MIs? They had, what tasted like shampoo in the middle. We ate them for the disgust element!

Comment

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Originally posted by spillage66 View Post
            Does anyone remember some chewing gum tablets from the '70s called either M1s, or MIs? They had, what tasted like shampoo in the middle. We ate them for the disgust element!
            The one with liquid centres I recall were Freshen up but Omega is also mentioned on the forum.
            Heather

Comment

Thanks huggy, but these were definitely MI, or M1s. Re- Horror cards. I had a collection of them in a scrap book. They were mainly Hammer Horror stills, and I remember one from one of the Draculas, (Dracula Has Risen From The Grave, most likely)... of a Victorian gentleman, unconcious, on the floor, wrecked furniture around him, with the subtitle, "That was some party!" I'm hoping the scrapbook is still with me!

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
                Yes I remember those, they tasted like disinfectant and came with two smiley face tattoo's. I loved them!

I'm quite sure they were called Dubble Bubble and instead of it saying 'Americas Original' it said 'Fleer' before they were bought by marvel.

I've looked everywhere on the net but have only found different versions of them, and have not seen one single picture of the tattoo's (which says to me that they probably don't come with them anymore).
                Anybody any further forward with this, the greatest mystery of all time, the name of the germoline bubble gum with the smiley face tattoos? NostalgiaFreak suggests Dubble Bubble. My memory of a white wrapper supports this and I've found a pic of 'modern' dubble bubbles that have pink wrappers but they are the same size and shape of the bubblies in my memory. Oh to get some definitive evidence! we are so close to cracking it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dubble-Bubble.gif
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	259846
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I don't think they were Dubble Bubble. They were in white wrappers but I can't remember what they were called! I can 'see' them in my head and remember exactly how they tasted!
                  Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

• How about Happy tattoo Bubble gum? google that,it might be what you are looking for

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
                    Yes I remember those, they tasted like disinfectant and came with two smiley face tattoo's. I loved them!

I'm quite sure they were called Dubble Bubble and instead of it saying 'Americas Original' it said 'Fleer' before they were bought by marvel.
                    I've looked everywhere on the net but have only found different versions of them, and have not seen one single picture of the tattoo's (which says to me that they probably don't come with them anymore).

Edit Fleers
                    Heather

Comment

It's not looking familiar. Don't think it was happy tattoo
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

Heather

Comment

Comment

Topps Sport

Comment

Comment