X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ice Cool Milk

Comment

Wow!!! Is that a personal photo Danny or one you have come across on the net?
      Heather

Comment

One I found on a 50's and 60's site.

It was apparently taken in 1965 so I would have been about same age as the kid in the pic and indeed very similar dressed ( you didn't get long trousers till you were eleven ! )

Comment

I remember the Nice Cold Ice Cold ads in the mid 1980s.

Stickers with the same logo could be seen in places like newsagents & school canteens way into the 1980s.

I didn't start at school until after free milk ended, but about once a week we would have milk with school dinners. Those 1/3 pint bottles were pleasantly sized, & always came with a very thin blue straw that was good for blowing bubbles in it.

My mum used to buy Nesquick milkshake powder to help me & my brother drink more milk. I've not had that for years, but I remember the ads used to use the odd slogan that was something on the lines of "All You Need To Do Is Add A Moo".
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            Erm no I cant think of an advert for milk! Last one I saw was when all the bottles followed the milkman down the road Plenty for all these sugar filled Milkshakes though!

Oh hold the phone whats the Grease one, where they sing you are the one that I want,For Milk called "Once" or something

There is a advert for cloverdale milk its on quite often
            Last edited by HG; 01-05-2009, 16:40. Reason: please dont use bold text and large font when replying
            Ex-Trucker-Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
              Watch out there's a Humphrey about!!!!!
              YouTube - Unigate Milk 'Watch Out There's a Humphrey About' adverts

Muhammed Ali, no less! Wish you could embed YouTube clips here.
              Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

The following are good reading for anyone interested in Milk Bars

There's Posh. A tribute to National Milk Bars

Milk bar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not 100% sure but I've got a feeling Milk Bars get a mention in an episode of Only Fools & Horses.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Proper Milk Bottles!

Comment

My Nan always used that sterelised milk, puuuuuuuuuke

Comment

Didn't mind being milk monitor. we got to take the empties back to a local cake shop and always got a free cream cake.I remember some woman called Zena Skinner promoting milk quite a lot in the 70's.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

ahhhh Milk

Click image for larger version

Name:	milk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	259535 remember coming out of sat morning pics in the 60s and going to one of these

Comment

Re: ahhhh milk

MODS! MODS! This person ^ just said "the 60s". You're in for it now mate

Comment

Re: ahhhh milk

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                            MODS! MODS! This person ^ just said "the 60s". You're in for it now mate
                            Claudines right 70s to 90s only please
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Re: Milk vending machines

Ice cold milk dropped down in a triangular carton. A bugger to open. I always had to get an adult to open it for me. Which was tricky if I was by myself. Talking about drink dispensers. Anyone remember those orange juice cooler ones in cafes, with the two plastic oranges attached to an automatic stirrer, which turned the oranges in the juice. lol. Hilarious when I think about it. There was a similar thing for milk. Not with oranges in it obviously.

Comment

Re: Milk vending machines

cant remember milk coming like this in a vending machine even though i was born in 75.
                                i guess i was just too young to remember it.

i remember milk coming in cartons just not in triangular ones that came out of vending machiones.

Originally posted by junnja View Post
                                Ice cold milk dropped down in a triangular carton. A bugger to open. I always had to get an adult to open it for me. Which was tricky if I was by myself. Talking about drink dispensers. Anyone remember those orange juice cooler ones in cafes, with the two plastic oranges attached to an automatic stirrer, which turned the oranges in the juice. lol. Hilarious when I think about it. There was a similar thing for milk. Not with oranges in it obviously.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X