• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Names of Ice Lollies

Superb

Comment

Ice creams were great back then...it seems the markets really changed and is blander now, or sophisticated with products marketed directly toward adults like Walls Carte D'or for instance...

I haven't looked through this thread much but was Mini Milk mentioned? - they used to taste lovely then around the 90s they became watery...

Comment

im trying to find a lolly that is raspberry flavoured it was small and triangler/pyramid shaped plz help

Comment

Originally posted by tiny a View Post
          im trying to find a lolly that is raspberry flavoured it was small and triangler/pyramid shaped plz help
          I know exactly what you mean and i cannot find the name of it anywhere you could only get it from an ice cream van it had a stick so wasnt a jubbly or sun lolly. Someone earlier in the thread asked about it also. Does no one else remember this there was a sticket for it on the ice cream van window but it was added so not part of the normal menu sheets from walls or anything. I would really like to know what it is called hopefully the ice cream man from the van called tonys that used to park outside wickham common primary is reading this because he must know.

Comment

Hi All, I have been away for an age but my collection of Lolly and confectionary wrappers is still growing steadily. My latest addition is a Wall's Shoot - "Secrets Of The Wild West" Lolly Wrapper which I cannot say I remember but its a nice addition. I would love to contact other lolly wrapper collectors or confectionery wrapper collectors and have loads of older ones spare for exchange.
            By for now

Comment

Could you post some pics please?

Comment

These wrappers came up for sale on Ebay at a high price. Who did Heather sell to? I am guessing its one of the users of this site?

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                Wall's Shoot

Comment

Think you're guessing wrong

Comment

I just collect photo's from Ebay/the internet for this place. I don't actually buy or sell any.

Just seeing the photo's is enough for me.

If by posting the pictures here it helps sell the item for a high price then that's just the sellers good luck lol
                    Heather

Comment

Wow I have been through the first 25 pages and still have 20 pages to look through. I was brought up in a seaside town and walkeed past hundreds of lolly wrappers every summer. How I whish I had collected them for free.... and recorded all my thoughts and memories.

I see you have even found the lolly wrappers from the display at the Robert Opie museum of packaging in London - well worth a visite!

Comment

Okay now I have been through every thred in a day and while I recognise many of the wrappers what is special about this blog is that you bring the memories back to life.

Comment

As they are not noted I am guessing you may not have noticed these ebay item - I have added my comments and maybe someone can add the pictures from the links?

221029296356 Eldorado Ice Cream Badge – "very nice as it looks like the badge of a Ice Lolly patrol salesman rarther than for public"

170879758102 STAR WARS 1977 LYONS MAID WRAPPERS VERY RARE – "show the 6 wrappers in the set"

251147633270 Lyon's Maid The Space Album Full Card Set And Album Complete NM 40/40 Cards – "there were lots of different wrappers which included cards as Free Gifts inserted inside a thin pocket of paper in the wrapper. This typically left the card with a pink or orange stain unless you got it early and it was not compressed with other lollies"

110945529054 Star Trek Lyons Maid Lolly Wrappers, box, and Poster, RARE, 1979 – “the wrapper is common enough but the box is very nice and not often seen”

Comment

Only one of interest there is the Star Trek Box

The rest have been featured many times before (Star Wars) or are outside the scope of this forum (1960's Lyons Maid).
                            Never even heard of Eldorado Ice Cream

Comment

Has Larger and Lime Flavour ice lolly been noted yet? They were by Franco ices of Bedford. I cannot say I remember tasting the lollies but it was my teanage tipple in my late teens and I remember adding Rose's Lime juce to make the larger taste better...

Comment

Lager and Lime has been mentioned, but dont think we have a wrapper posted yet.
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X