Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Names of Ice Lollies

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
    Terrier, you can make out a Space 1999 on this poster Huggie (Heather) recently added; lower left corner:
    Space1999

Space 1999 wrapper

Bionicman Wrapper
    Again thanks....gawwdddd i love this site!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
      Looking at the top link, I just noticed a Crime Squad in the 'play sticks' part of the poster. What on earth was that about?
      if you think that's a dodgy name, check out one posted on this very thread recently by our beloved huggie (Heather)

Using the first link I posted above, just scroll down to the next post on it....then its half-way down , on the left
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Does anyone remember the ice cream man selling them a witches hat, upside down soft ice cream cone pressed on the end of a ice lolly on a stick. You could choose the flavour of lolly, it was bloomin genius. Asked for one from an ice cream van recently and he laughed at me! Can anyone remember or have I gone MAD.

Comment

Don't recall them I'm afraid. Seeing as you username is madbob then it's odds on that yes you have gone mad

Only kidding mate.
          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by madbob View Post
            Does anyone remember the ice cream man selling them a witches hat, upside down soft ice cream cone pressed on the end of a ice lolly on a stick. You could choose the flavour of lolly, it was bloomin genius. Asked for one from an ice cream van recently and he laughed at me! Can anyone remember or have I gone MAD.
            Something tells me that that was an ingenious ice cream salesman. Do you remember how much they charged?

Oh man, just thought of the ultimate - Flake 99 on a Funny Feet!

Comment

Looking at the top link, I just noticed a Crime Squad in the 'play sticks' part of the poster. What on earth was that about?

Bionic Man sounds nice and/or interesting. Lemonade and spearmint? Could be heaven or hell.
              I think the crime squad lolly had a blue plastic stick which was a stencil containing a coded message and it revealed the message as you drew each line. The flavour was horrible though. It tended to burn the back of you throat (like when you drink vimto without diluting).
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Something tells me that that was an ingenious ice cream salesman. Do you remember how much they charged?

Oh man, just thought of the ultimate - Flake 99 on a Funny Feet!
                It was about 25 years ago... but I think it was about 30p - 40p back then. The combinations are endless, I have dreamed for a long time to have my own candy/sweet and ice cream shop. These would definitely be on the menu if I was to open...

Comment

Walls The Incredible Hulk Lolly
                  Attached Files
                  Heather

Comment

• Mystery Ice Lolly... Please Help!

Someone Please help me!! I seem to know what im on about but no one else do! Someone out there must know...

When i was little, around late 80's/90's i used to get an ice cream down my local park from an ice cream van.. It was called a 'TOP SECRET' from what i can rememeber it was banana ice cream with the top part of it covered in lemonade or lemon ice .. and there was chocolate on it too i think...?? Can someone please help me and prove my sanity!

Comment

• Re: Mystery Ice Lolly... Please Help!

Those were the ones with like a code stencil on the stick, you had to eat all the lolly to view the rest of the code to read all the secret message - the message itself was usually a bit 'love heart ish'

Comment

Two more that nobody has mentioned, pink elephant choc ice from the 70's by walls i think and push ups with the plunger type device.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Pink Elephant has been mentioned (not on this thread) but here
                          https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/r...-choc-ice.html

Not one I remember myself
                          Heather

Comment

Does anyone remember a chocolate coated lolly, with bumps (nuts or biscuits), and when you got to the centre it was like a chewy soft toffee? What was it called?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats 'r us View Post
                              Does anyone remember a chocolate coated lolly, with bumps (nuts or biscuits), and when you got to the centre it was like a chewy soft toffee? What was it called?
                              A feast?

edit: slaps forehead - that's chocolate at the centre! I remember one - but can't for the life of me remember it's name!
                              Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                              Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                              While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                              Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                              -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Originally posted by Cats 'r us View Post
                                could be Toffee Tuffee but I cant find a picture

Lyons Maid also had a Favourite centres range with includuded toffee crumble ( can be just about made out in the middle picture)

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie_v...ilename=VA0581
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X