Crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps

Yeah, similar to Munchies. Hadn't heard of Walkers Tiger Nuts, but the Big D version could be the ones I'm thinking of. Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone remember bran crisps I think Smiths or Golden wonder made them?

Comment

These bring back memories. I loved crisps far more than chocolate as a kid and there was loads of different varieties of crisps and corn snacks.

Burtons XL crisps
        Jakes Pub crisps
        Horrorbags by Smiths http://retrofinds.blogspot.co.uk/201...ngs-bones.html - Fangs, Bones, Claws & Ribs
        Ringos

Burtons made lots of great crisps, Puffs, Fish'N'Chips.

Comment

What a fab site this is! I found it while googling the Weekend chocolates to explain to my daughter who Millie Mackintosh is. Thank you all for some great memories. I was at primary school in the 70s and high school in the 80s so I remember many of these. My favourites were 'a canny bag of' Tudor, gammon flavour...I have tried to find a photo but can't find one of the bags I remember, white with maroon stripes. Or maybe I'm imagining that. Cannot wait to explore more of this forum

Comment

Where I live in Scotland we have XL Cheese crisps they are fantastic,think you can buy them a box of them) on ebay

Comment

Any rishy cheese crisps bag images ive searched everywhere and cant find any.

Comment

not a bag/packet but evidence
                Heather

Comment

Yes ive saw that before,im obsessed with rishy crisps lol

Comment

Anyone remember a crisp called happy snack had a picture of a rabbit on the front - remember them from the mid 90s but one assumes they were around before then. Must be 15 years or so since I have last seen them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodak View Post
                      Anyone remember a crisp called happy snack had a picture of a rabbit on the front - remember them from the mid 90s but one assumes they were around before then. Must be 15 years or so since I have last seen them.
                      Not sure why the name 'Happy Snack' is ringing a bell with me but what popped into my mind were some cheap crisps I remember getting in the newsagents, probably around the very late 80's to the mid 90's. My memories are hazy but they came in a multipack and were of the 'corn snack' variety, a bit like cheap Wotsits. Three different flavours I think, in a yellow packet with some sort of animal on the front. Could well have been a rabbit for one flavour but I'm thinking of something like a hippo. Wish I had a better memory!
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember these, I think they were spelt Happy Snax.

They came in a few different flavours.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                          . My memories are hazy but they came in a multipack and were of the 'corn snack' variety, a bit like cheap Wotsits. Three different flavours I think, in a yellow packet with some sort of animal on the front. Could well have been a rabbit for one flavour but I'm thinking of something like a hippo. Wish I had a better memory!
                          Click for a bigger picture
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	parti's.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	260507

Parti's Snax
                          Heather

Comment

Ah, Parti's Snax! That's them. Thanks Heather!
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Stumbled across this forum whilst googling wickers crisps and loved this thread.
                              Huge fan of crisps and great to see some classics on here , will go through whole thread in due course !
                              Golden Wonder Sausage & Tomato has to be my all time favourite.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X