Old Skool Packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Old Skool Packaging

I can't remember bright orange bags, but sometimes the contents of easter eggs came in a clear plasic bag.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I can't remember bright orange bags, but sometimes the contents of easter eggs came in a clear plasic bag.
      The orange bags were clear but like a burnt orangey colour if you know what I mean. A bit like the celophane that was on Lucozade years ago. I clearly remember the Buttons Eggs having them in in the 80's. I have asked a few friends (in case it's just me going mad!) and they agree that they were deffinately orange.
      Last edited by stuckinthe80's; 24-03-2010, 22:12.
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

The orange bags do ring a bell for me, but I also deffo remember sweets and buttons coming in see through bags too. Boo the day they started to pack them separately due to choking hazzards! Pah!
        Heather

Comment

I agree!! I miss trying to break the egg into 2 halves without them smashing to bits!! It was all part of the fun for me!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

That was always tricky, when I was old enough I used to cheat & use a sharp knife on the seam. Some eggs came with the shell in 2 seperate halves, that saved some trouble.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              When were Bunny Tots made until?

I can't remember them in the early 1980s when I used to have the others in the tots range bought for me.
              They are a new one on me too. The one missing from the picture is Teddy tots. Can even remember the song from the ad, "4 to choose from on the shelf, rowntrees tots please yourself".
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Some great examples of some more contemporary sweet packaging from the late 90's early 00's, its weird how much has changed in just ten years really... http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/351616924

Comment

Any body got some pics of the following.

KP wickers
                  KP (i think) Bones
                  football crazy (small ball shaped crisps)

that tattoo bubble gum me and my mates used to call germoline bubbly due to the wintergreen oil used to flavour them,
                  they came with blue yellow and black smiley tattoos,

Those plastic fruit shaped bottles that had sherbet in them.

Heres hoping!

I have a tale of youthfull malevolence regarding Mr freeze ice pops, around the time the blue ones came out, boots was selling hair gel in littles glass pots. they had pink green and light blue colours.
                  Some twisted individual filled an empty packet whilst waiting for the school bus home and waited for the customary shout of "two's on yer ice pop" offered it to some weedy kid telling him it was floral gum flavour but it wasnt frozen.
                  greedy little monkey stuck the open end in his cakehole and with a deft movement of the thumb and forefinger, sqeezed the lot up in one go.
                  you can imagine the results, heh heh heh
                  them were the days
                  Last edited by Heather74; 27-04-2010, 12:52. Reason: for search engine purposes KP Wickers

Comment

All the crisps you mention are on the crisp thread in the food and drink section. Including Smiths Horror bags/Bones but we also have a thread dedicated to Horrorbags

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ghlight=crisps

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...=smiths+horror

All sweet related items can be found on the Defunct sweets thread, but I do know you can still get the plastic sherbet fruit bottles my kids love them
                    Heather

Comment

Don't suppose anyone has an image of a Mr Kipling's Jaffa Fingers box, do they?
                      I've just set up a Facebook group in memory of the lovely things, but alas have no picture..!

Comment

http://biscuitencounters.files.wordp...1/dsc00409.jpg

No outer box sorry just fingers in plastic tray.
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved the pink panther bar, lol, I can taste it now. MMMM.
                          Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                          The Vile Pink Panther bar in 2p & 21/2p versions

[ATTACH]2182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2183[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten
                            I think I remember getting a couple of these free with Look-In many years ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten
                              Ahh Mr Freeze, I remember my mum buying my sister and I a whole box of these from the cash & carry to last us through the summer holidays.
                              I distinctly remember sitting down on the floor sharing out the various flavours one for me one for you making sure I wasn't underdone on the cola ones, they were our favourite.
                              sigpic

Comment

Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X