• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Old Skool Packaging

oh sorry how do you delete them :cry:

Comment

You can't, a Mod can do it or you can leave them, the more pics the merrier

Comment

Can anyone remember cherry flavour fruitella? Cant find them anymore.Boooooooo.

Comment

Attached Files
          Heather

Comment

• Re: Old Skool Packaging - Any collectors?

Hi guys,

I just stumbled upon this thread, as I collect old candy and crisp/snack packets. I wanted to know if any other collectors reside here on the forum, as this thread includes a lot of great images I'd love to trade for.

If anyone here is a collector please drop me a private message, or reach me through Flickr.

My collection is viewable on Flickr here:

Flickr: JasonLiebig's Photostream

But here are a few UK things that you can see there. My apologies if some of these have been posted already, I see that a few of my Flickr postings have been sourced in this thread already:

Thanks!
            -Jason

Comment

Those little jars for fish pastes! I used to have on toast, and when I had washed the jar out I would use it for water colour painting rinsing my brush out in, and for using with my "magic painting book" ,but the little jars seemed better then?

Comment

Mmmm potted beef!

Comment

Hows about: Sardine and Tomato?

Comment

Cadburys Cherry Iced Gateau... 17p!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cherry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	259570
                    Heather

Comment

WOW Huggie! I've never seen that cake before but it looks really really nice!!! I love cherry flavour things.
                      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

1980's Jaffa Cakes Express

Heather

Comment

1971 Cadbury Schweppes Hartleys Jar Lids Football Stars

seven (of 12) lids that came from jars of jam in the early 1970s - probably 1971/72.

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978
                            I read somewhere that somewhere that one of these Robinson's coins was found up at an archiological dig, assumed to be real & put on display. There someone pointed out that they were giveaways. It's mentioned in Stephen Pile's Heroic Failures.
                            Saw a copy of that book in a charity shop yesterday, and laughed when I read the entry about the coins

Comment

Here's the book entry..

The Museum That Described a Coin Wrongly

In October 1971 in County Durham some people made a big mistake. The South Shields Museum proudly described one of the coins on show as a Roman coin. Miss Fiona Gordon, who was 9 years old, told them something about the coin that surprised them. It was, in fact, a plastic coin that came from a business that sold sweet drinks. They gave them to people who returned bottles to the shop. When they asked her to explain, she said, ‘I knew because I saw the letter “R” on one side of the coin.’ A man from the museum said, ‘The coin looks just like a Roman coin. We thought the letter “R” meant “Roma”. In fact it was “R” for Robinsons, the business that makes the drinks.’ ‘The date is wrong by almost 2,000 years,’ Miss Gordon said helpfully.

Comment

Thanks for quoting that, I don't have a copy to hand.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X