Discontinued drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Discontinued drinks

A vending machine in a hospital sells 500mL bottles of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Then there is powdered tea dispensed from vending machines. In Bournemouth magistrates court the machine still to this day only charge 20p for drinks. In hospitals they charge a quid
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Does anybody remember Sun Charm? I can't remember who made it, but it was usually found in kiosks and very small corner shops. It was cheap, nasty and tasteless.
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Yes I have found a couple of cans.....what was your poison.
          I do remember chippys sold them....tasteless is right yeeuk!
          Attached Files

Comment

I can certainly say ive never had that drink before.

I never really bought any drinks from chippy's.

Those 2 pics i assume are just different artwork for the same drink one changing to the other.

Must say seems an odd mix lime and lager.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember the cans with the suns rays, but don't remember ever drinking any.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I must be MUUUUCH older than u guys
                Definately had them, definitely chippy (along with STRIKE COLA) and cheap store fayre.

And what about the pics on the can ! - lager and lime was cool drink, others did it too - IMAGINE THAT NOWADAYS - encouraging kids to drink - Arran might have something to say on that

You will be saying you never had Top Deck shandy next - in a can , or if you were 'flush'....a BIG Litre (what were they called before that?) bottle
                Last edited by DSCOMAN; 30-07-2015, 14:21.

Comment

I can' see some images on my phone but as soon as Richard put 'sun rays'... I thought I'm sure it was called Sun Charm or something Charm.

I remember it from out local chippy but think the local shops sold it too. It really was nasty very watered down taste.
                  Heather

Comment

Well in Heather!...you are spot on - Chippys !.....u must see the Lime and lager can it will jog your cogs

Comment

I remember my local chippy had Wig Wam, an sugary orange drink in a triangular carton.

It's been about 30 years since I last saw it on sale.

Comment

In 1970 pure orange juice was sold in a small food tin (that had to be opened with a tin opener) for giving to babies. It was not intended or considered normal for anybody over the age of 2 to drink it. In 1980 pure orange juice was sold in 1L glass bottles with a square cross section and a short but wide neck. By this time it was acceptable for adults to drink it. Has anybody got photos of them?

Comment

Anyone else remember C-Vit the alternative blackcurrent cordial to Ribena?

It seemed to vanish around 1986-7/

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                            Then there is powdered tea dispensed from vending machines. In Bournemouth magistrates court the machine still to this day only charge 20p for drinks. In hospitals they charge a quid
                            They had one where I used to work. Tea, coffee, chocolate or soup and all 20p up until I left six years ago.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Yes Richard - I remember C-VIT....it was in a much thinner bottle that Ribena, and looked more potent....Think it had white label with c-vit on .
                              Can't find pic. tho'
                              Sold in a chemist by me in 70's

Comment

Lime was my favourite - silver cans from 1995-6 and earlier design 1991-2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X