• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cereal freebies/offers

Comment

• Re: Cereal Boxes/Offers

Originally posted by tobihoughton2000 View Post
      Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. The whole reason I joined this site was looking for these for my autistic son, he loves transformers and he loves modeling with paper I remembered these and have scoured the web for any trace of them I've emailed kellogs and weetabix they coulnt be bothered to even reply with a no. People my age just look at me as if I've cracked up when I talk about this kind of thing (only 37 we had the best of this kind of thing growning up and no one seems to remember but me) pehaps I was easily pleased as a kid but hey thank you again and again hes going to love these.
      Best regards
      Tobi H
      Are you on a about Shreddies doing the paper model Decepticon Jets from Transformers - was 1985.

Comment

Trying to remember a couple of cereal promotions. Maybe someone here will know more about them (year or pix etc)?

1) First one is Frosties box where you cut out the shape of a car on the back and then fold and glue the flat bit of cardboard to make a solid shaped card. The car had some sort of "Tony the tiger" striped pattern to it.

2) I don't know the second cereal was but it had a toy which was a "rubber car" (i.e. a toy car that could also be used as an eraser for pencil marks).

Thanks

Comment

Anyone else remember the Nabisco Shredded Wheat and Crispies 'Soldiers of the World' gifts?
          They were very well detailed and I remember using Humbrol model paint on them. Think I've still got the Viking somewhere;

Click image for larger version

Name:	sotw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	260118

Comment

I remember the sticker sets that came with Sugar Puffs. I also had a red Sugar Puffs bag with the HM Honey Monster logo on the end. Also Rice Krispies Transport fleet- little models of trucks(concrete mixer, tipper etc) that came in kit form. Also the baking powder powered boats. I remember the Frosties Jeep. A die cast one in black and orange that you had to send off tokens for. The last thing I ever got from sending off cereal tokens was the Thunderbird 2 when Kelloggs did the Thunderbirds promotion in the early 90s. I always remember getting those bike wheel reflectors out of the corn flakes boxes. I must have had at least 30 as we were a big Kelloggs family! No Nabisco products for us although I used to love Weetabix with hot milk and brown sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
              I remember the sticker sets that came with Sugar Puffs. I also had a red Sugar Puffs bag with the HM Honey Monster logo on the end. Also Rice Krispies Transport fleet- little models of trucks(concrete mixer, tipper etc) that came in kit form. Also the baking powder powered boats. I remember the Frosties Jeep. A die cast one in black and orange that you had to send off tokens for. The last thing I ever got from sending off cereal tokens was the Thunderbird 2 when Kelloggs did the Thunderbirds promotion in the early 90s. I always remember getting those bike wheel reflectors out of the corn flakes boxes. I must have had at least 30 as we were a big Kelloggs family! No Nabisco products for us although I used to love Weetabix with hot milk and brown sugar.
              I ended up with loads of the Kelloggs bike reflectors as well - you could get them across all the range they had back then, not just Frosties I think...I also still am partial to a bowl of Weetabix, hot milk and brown sugar, well I prefer natural sugar to the refined white muck in general really...I think as the years went on the packed in freebies got worser and worser i.e. cheaper - I once saw an old ad with Donald Campbell saying there was a free diecast model of one of his vehicles in every pack of Frosties - imagine that, a DIECAST toy in a cereal box...as if that'd happen now!

Comment

i sure do not remember this ione mate.
                camn you remember if it said what the sokldier was.

just how many cereals did they toys etc.
                i remember getting a green toy a car, or a soldier can not think which cereal it came with.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                Anyone else remember the Nabisco Shredded Wheat and Crispies 'Soldiers of the World' gifts?
                They were very well detailed and I remember using Humbrol model paint on them. Think I've still got the Viking somewhere;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3410[/ATTACH]
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

• Re: Cereal Boxes/Offers

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                  I was just thinking about these the other day and was searching the internet for them. Then come on here and the thread has been unearthed and they are one of the first thing listed.

Comment

Now my memory is twirling having read all these posts....and I still cant see the cereal promotion I remember most;

from the 70s...

A head or bust of famous people? Seem to remember an Indian Chiefs head as one of them...cannot remember the cereal - but the figures seem to my memory to be yellow! They probably werent!

Someone must know....please put me out of my misery!

Comment

Sugar Puffs did some called great commanders scroll here http://www.die-cast-toys.com/plastic...nt/cereal.html

and they are mentioned here https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...=plastic+busts

Cant see any on Ebay at the moment but they do come up.
                      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post

Cant see any on Ebay at the moment but they do come up.
                        And so they have. Listed as 'Kelloggs'

Heather

Comment

More Busts
                          Heather

Comment

They are the ones!! thanks for the "heads up" Heather...no pun intended! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3410[/ATTACH]
                              Yes I remember them, I managed to collect about eight of them. Mine were all silver.

Comment

Originally posted by bakermuk View Post
                                Now my memory is twirling having read all these posts....and I still cant see the cereal promotion I remember most;

from the 70s...

A head or bust of famous people? Seem to remember an Indian Chiefs head as one of them...cannot remember the cereal - but the figures seem to my memory to be yellow! They probably werent!

Someone must know....please put me out of my misery!
                                I remember them, they were all famous Indian chiefs in a light yellow/cream colour. They were in two halves (Back of head, front of head) that you pushed together to make a compleat head. Sorry,but I can't remember which cerial they came with.

Comment

Working...
                                X