Cereal freebies/offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cereal freebies

I remember me & my brother having some pop stickers from Weetabix, which I stuck on my bedroom window.

Covering bedroom furniture in the 1980s with stickers seemed to be very popular. I had a lot on my door, but when I moved rooms due to an extension they all had to be removed.

My Girlfriend's old room at her Mum's house still has some stickers on a chest of drawers.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember collecting little clip-together aeroplanes in cereal and also little submarines that had a hole in the bottom - if you put baking powder in and then put it in water it would dive and resurface.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorbluebox View Post
        I remember collecting little clip-together aeroplanes in cereal and also little submarines that had a hole in the bottom - if you put baking powder in and then put it in water it would dive and resurface.
        that sounds classy mate.
        what cereals did u get them with.
        have u kept any of those u got in cereal packets.

i thought ut was great getting freebies with cereals.
        you got them in kinder eggs as well.

when we hot cereals i could noy wait to see what was in the bottom of the cereal bag.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...l-Boxes-Offers
          Heather

Comment

I had those baking soda toys.

Comment

Wonderful stuff! I don't remember the subs but those clip together aircraft were great. Like tiny little Airfix kits!

Comment

There were three of us kids at home and it was whoever had the last portion of the cereal who got to have the freebie. It never occurred to us that we could get it out before then. I think in the early days the gift was actually in the bag inside the box WITH the cereal itself.
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I used to remember getting these animal plastic tat from Sugar Puffs when I was about 10. They were moulded so that you could put them on your pen. They were all the rage in school, and Monday morning used to be the time where we would show each other our spoils from the 'big shop' that happened over the weekend. I never managed to collect them all, and you can bet somewhere in a pencil case I've still got one or two laying around. We have bowls that we put bits of junk in along with stuff that gets used once in a while and digging threw them often kicks up stuff like this from aeons ago.

Comment

thats amazing Huggie.
                    never knew they came with instructions.
                    only toys i remember where single toys.
                    cant remember those with instructions.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                      There were three of us kids at home and it was whoever had the last portion of the cereal who got to have the freebie. It never occurred to us that we could get it out before then. I think in the early days the gift was actually in the bag inside the box WITH the cereal itself.
                      You're right, the gift (or premium, if we're being proper collectors ) used to be in with the cereal but I guess health & safety put a stop to that one. Mum would actually let me empty the packet out into a bowl to see what one I'd got. Well she did until the Sugar Smacks affair. I was mad for Crater Critters and having Mr.Spock on the box just sealed the deal for me. Unfortunately I didn't actually like Sugar Smacks and would avoid eating them until they'd gone soft. But dammit, Puffa Puffa Rice just didn't have Crater Critters!

Comment

I've sill got some foam rubber jigsaw cubes that came with packs of Weetos.

The were colour coded by hardness, & I remember trying for ages to get one of them, which wasn't the hardest to do but seemed to be not widely distributed.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wasn't allowed to buy them after a while, as my only interest was getting the toy out. never ate the cereal, so Mum stopped getting it.

Comment

Ones that spring to mind are the baking soda submarine things, sets of stickers from Sugar Puffs that had cool stuff like ink splats and coloured letters on them, and Tony the Tiger bike spoke reflectors from Frosties. There was a lot of plastic tat over the years I've forgotten what any of the things were now.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I still say the best ever thing you got free in cereal was the Weetabix shrinkie dinkies

Shrinkies
                              Heather

Comment

I've never come across shrinkie dinkies or anything similar :cry: feel like I missed out.
                                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                                X