Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Originally posted by sarcymarky View Post
    Were they hundreds and thousands, or is that the little sugary things that go ice cream and cakes??
    Yep they are the Cake Decorations, Dont think the sweets were called the same, not 100% sure though I also thought it could be "millions" but that just brings up those soft pink chewy things of today
    Heather

Comment

sounds like tom thumb drops, you an get muti coloured, pink and white,
      they have some different names depends on where ou buy them,
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Nope bumble not those I'm afraid, they are more like what we called sherbit pips, these were more like little tiny ball bearings,if you sucked them, they just turned white, a little bit like tiny gobstoppers, I loved the cola ones. Thanks anyway

Also using them with a straw as peashooters thats how small they were.
        Last edited by Heather74; 16-07-2007, 16:33.
        Heather

Comment

oh ive not heard of them, or i can think of is aniseed balls but they didint taste of cola, nerds are small but not cola and not old, i love nerds
          sigpic

Comment

I think Sarkymarky might be right with the hundreds and thousands. Sorry SM i was thinking sugar strands for the cakes, cant find mention of cola flavour though.
            Heather

Comment

I thought it might have been fruit balls, not so sure now

You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Comment

Think you were right first time Many apologies.
                Heather

Comment

Yeah I think they fit the description

Didn't know you could by them as a sweet on their own though. You'd need a lot!!

Comment

They were sold from sweet jars, by the quater at out local newsagents, It was the cola ones I remember buying the most.

Thanks Again
                    Last edited by Heather74; 16-07-2007, 17:32.
                    Heather

Comment

Are these them?

Comment

No those are the chewy ones, they were rock hard like the Hundreds and Thousands, and A lot darker brown, almost black, like Coca Cola and very shiney.
                        Heather

Comment

I' ve now been told the cake one's are much, much smaller, the ones i am thinking of are about the same size as the little balls you get in the small maze games, These are the silver ones, and look about the right size.
                          Heather

Comment

I remember them though don't know what they were called, will have to rack my brain. The only thing I could think of when you said 100's and 1000's were these:-

Can't remember what they were called either, in Oz they're called Freckles.
                            "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

There was a sweet called silver cola balls but it doesn't really fit your description Heather. Also they were withdrawn from sale as there was something in the silver coating that was far from good for you (probably not as bad as the cola though).

Comment

The freckles are the hundreds and thousands Steve, too small to be what I'm looking for,Found the silver cola balls Sarcym, but they were to big and of course not brown. Thanks for looking guys.
                                Last edited by Heather74; 17-07-2007, 13:08.
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X