Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

I remember having Solar bars a lot when I started Secondary School, there always seemed to be some loose chocolate chips in the wrapper at the end.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Toffifee are still available in boxes but not that 'snack pack'. Those are from the 80's i think. I used to quite like them! Always used to be able to get them from Woolworths.
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
        Toffifee are still available in boxes but not that 'snack pack'. Those are from the 80's i think. I used to quite like them! Always used to be able to get them from Woolworths.
        Ahh thanks I thought I may have seen them in boxes,the wrappers are all listed as 70's/80's

French Nougat (Tesco 14 and a half pence price sticker)
        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          nestle fruity family (1970's)

belinda banana- real banana flavoured candy
          **** me! I haven't seen that for years!!!
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Super Mousse and Cadbury's Go
            Heather

Comment

Noddy. Roobarb and Wombles 1970's
              Heather

Comment

I had a look at those Wombles wrappers on Ebay because I quite fancied them being a fan, they're great! Too much for me though
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Well, I just trawled through the whole of this thread and what memories. A lot of them were a bit before my time, but it was still facinating to see how they evolved. I always thought Freddo chocolate bars were just an evolved version of Taz and Wildlife bars.

I recently had a sherbert fountain and I was discusted to see that they had done away with the old style packaging. What I thought was going to be an amazing re-visitation to my childhood turned into a bit of a damp squib.

Reading through this thread reminded me of Double Dips. I did a quick search to see if they were still in production and it turns out that they at least wet on for a bit longer after I had not got them due to a packaging redesign I don't remember seeing before. When I used to get them they had 2 kids on that looked like they belonged in the Dandy comic.

I don't think I'll bother tracking them down if they are still in production, I don't want to be disappointed again.

Another thing I remember fondly were some yogurts that were shaped like monsters. The chocolate flavoured one was quite possibly the best tasting yogurt in the world. I think they were called funky feet or something, the other 3 flavours were a bit like the other yogurts of the time, but the chocolate one had a delicious bitterness to it that my kiddy self couldn't get enough of.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post

Another thing I remember fondly were some yogurts that were shaped like monsters. The chocolate flavoured one was quite possibly the best tasting yogurt in the world. I think they were called funky feet or something, the other 3 flavours were a bit like the other yogurts of the time, but the chocolate one had a delicious bitterness to it that my kiddy self couldn't get enough of.
                    They were called fiendish Feet http://cobwebbedroom.blogspot.com/se...max-results=20 (cobwebbed room blogspot)

Also If you put it into google Images pictures of the pots come up too
                    Heather

Comment

Oh man, it was the skeleton one. My mum used to make me pick between which treat item I could have when we went shopping, which at the time was those yogurts or Gino Ginelli ice cream. Those were the days.

Comment

An early Double Dip packaging, the guy in the design reminded me of Fred Flintstone for some reason.

http://www.ohnuts.com/UploadedImages...le%20Stick.jpg

Weren't there also Fiendish Faces yoghurts?

Comment

I've never heard of fiendish faces but if you look at the pots of the fiendish feet they do have faces as well

For more http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/fiendish/
                          Heather

Comment

Nut Crisp 1989
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              I recently had a sherbert fountain and I was discusted to see that they had done away with the old style packaging. What I thought was going to be an amazing re-visitation to my childhood turned into a bit of a damp squib.
                              Sly - I picked up a 3pk of Sherbet Fountains in Semi-Chem a while back and they were in the old style paper packaging. I must see if they've still got them as they're obviously selling off the last of this stock.

Comment

Changing the packaging effects the flavour. I used to be a printer for food packaging and you wouldn't believe how much effort the designers put into packaging food so it tastes as it should when it gets to you. Putting Sherbet Fountains in a plastic tube is like putting fish and chips in a polystyrene tray, it just alters the taste from what it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X