Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

As far as I'm aware, Marathon still exists under the name Snickers. Isn't it still the same bar, albeit under a different name?
    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

I miss Cabana Bars TVARK CABANA BARS

Comment

id love to see terry's pyramints come back.

a big pyramid of chocolate filled with mint.

why they went ill never know.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          id love to see terry's pyramints come back.

a big pyramid of chocolate filled with mint.

why they went ill never know.
          I really liked them as well.

The ones sold around Xmas time had a little loop so they could be hung from a tree, & my Mum reused the empty ones as decorations for a few years.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Cadbury's Creme Bears,

Heather

Comment

Good work H

Comment

Saw this in local Charity Shop window.
                If it was open I'd have tried to buy it... complete with contents

Comment

Comment

Never knew Angel Delight came in a box. I wonder how old that one is? it's probably still edible thanks to all of those preservatives! The packaging does explain why I always wanted my Angel Delight in a wine glass. A quick search has revealed that this was the usual receptacle on packets and adverts. Now there's just a cartoon splodge but when I make it nowadays I still plop it into wine glasses. I couldn't even remember that this was once on the packaging. Powerful imagery!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

When I was a boy it only came in boxes, as did most packet mixes

Comment

Opal Fruits! Does anybody call them Starburst?

Comment

you are right. the centre was green. used to buy them loose from woolworths.

Comment

Does anyone remember Logger bars? The advert had a bloke walking round in the woods with music made from sounds around and I think character animals making noises too. I'm glad to see others remember Secret (totally forgot the name of that til I saw this thread), Bitz, the fact that there were three colours of star bar wrapper before and Pyramints. I also remember a few other things.. Tom and Jerry chews that had like pink and brown colours in them. Some kind of solid toffee bar in a foil container that I think was called Bullion. A chocolate bar that had some kind of apricot flavour, i think the wrapper may have been white maybe. Milka bars, (not the flat slabs) especially the praline one that I used to love with the purple wrappers (Before Kraft takeover, about 20 years ago). I only mention these because I haven't seen them on this really long thread. (I might have missed them if they were, sorry). I have more but maybe I'll mention them later Great Forum, only found it from a google search and glad to see others remember when there was some variety on the confectionery market. EDIT: This thread looks run together after I posted it because lines get removed, sorry about that.
                            Last edited by Giddeon; 07-08-2013, 01:37.

Comment

Lovely thread. Does anyone remember Cadbury's Marble? Sorry if this has been mentioned already - I am new to this!

Comment

• Cadbury's Marble?.Yes, I do.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...83995314957054

Comment

Working...
                                X