DYR Foods Ltd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DYR Foods Ltd!

Some ads I like to see back, Youngers bitter "I'd sail round world in titchy boat for taste of Scotch bitter on the throat". Rowntrees fruit pastilles "Impressive but I bet you can't put a RFP in your mouth without chewing it"

Foods, I agree with most already posted and would add KP wigwams, Pepsi from the 80s before they started using sweeteners, Barrs strike cola, Lager and lime lollies, arrow bars, hobo chews and cherry flavoured Star wars chews.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Hi branny ,
      I’m not a fan of the Pepsi sweetener version either nor am I a fan of the plethora of so-called ‘diet’ drinks these sweeteners have brought to the market. I have had Diet Coke once in my life and will never have ‘diet’ anything again. Apart from the major health-related controversy over sweeteners, the products made from them simply don’t taste anywhere near as good. Full of good old sugar and tasting great is the way the likes of Pepsi and Coke should be. If people are worried about their unhealthiness then they should just drink less of them.
      Regards,
      Matthew

Comment

Chex were made in France & imported by Weetabix, though I think they might be American in origin.

When the French makers had money problems Weetabix was given the chance to buy factory, but decided against as the demand for Chex was too low.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Richard, thanks for the info. I really have very vague memories of this cereal...I assume the stuff made in France was part of the Chex brand now owned by General Mills.

Regards,

Matthew

Comment

My uncle used to work for Weetabix & he was party to a bit of inside knowledge.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Oh yes, I'd forgotten...you uploaded that wonderful picture of a Weetabix Atlas. I think you are officially the DYR Weetabix go-to guy!

All the best,

Matthew

Comment

Bacon flavour 'Football Crazy' crisps spring to mind.

I'd also like to add Fry's Five Centres, and Pyramints.
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
                X